drinking Water now i feel dehydrated all the time

Options
I Have started to drink Water during the day since i was told it is good for rebuilding muscles etc. I use to maybe have 4-5 instant coffee during the day now i am having my coffee and now maybe 1.5-2L of water while im at my desk working. i have been doing this for 3 days now. But the last to days i have been feeling dehydrated constantly even though im drinking all this water.

Is this meant to be happening, as i never felt dehydrated when i was only having my coffee

Replies

• estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    This!!! I used to drink less than 1 litre, now I drink more than 2 litres every day and feel dehydrated most of the time. Weird.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I had that happen and this is what I think:

I think it's less about being actually dehydrated and more about getting your body to a state of "normal". Drinking 4-5 servings of caffeine ISNT normal. It totally alters your body. I think that when you cut that and up your water, you are feeling what your body is meant to feel.

I remember a few years ago, I didn't drink water hardly ever. Now I constantly have a glass with me and if I go more than a couple hours without it, I feel dehydrated. I think that it's more a comment on how badly I treated my body before.........I was used to feeling bad/eating bad/feeling bloated/feeling dehydrated/etc etc.

But yes....that definitely has happened to me. As I replaced more drinks with water, I tend to need more water. I just go with it.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    ok i'm glad i'm not the only one who has to constantly be sipping water lol, i was beginning to think i was a dehydrated weirdo
  • nzrocketman
    Options
    i just dont like having to go for a pee ever hour lol.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Feeling thirsty, yet drinking a lot of water is also a sign of diabetes. You may want to have a simple fasting blood test just to rule diabetes out.
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    I would be careful how much caffeine you are getting, that could be dehydrating you. Just a thought.:smile:
  • nzrocketman
    Options
    I would be careful how much caffeine you are getting, that could be dehydrating you. Just a thought.:smile:
    i Didnt think having 4 coffees a day would be bad.

i have cut the sugar out in my coffees since starting my life style change
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is so me. I am needing so much water these days. I think I spend more on water than food.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I think it is because your body used to hold on to whatever water you gave it. Now it knows it can release it, flushing junk from your system, and know you will give it more. I doubt your coffee is the problem. I drink about 5 cups of coffee every morning. I also generally drink 7 or more 8 oz glasses of water per day. Now that the warm weather is coming on I think it is even more (I'm bad about tracking it).
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is me as well. I have 2-3 cups of coffee and 1-2 cups of soda, but I drink 9-13 cups of water. If I don't have my water every hour, I am dying of thirst. (The peeing thing will level off, unless you drink a ton in one hour, lol)

edited to add: ps. And I know I am not diabetic, blood work all good.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I myself am a coffee drinker, I drink one glass of water for every cup of coffee I drink besides the normal 8-10 glasses I drink every day. You are allowed to drink from 2-3Liters every day.
    I try to spread my water drinking through the day and I allow myself to drink water in the evenings as well.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This is so me. I am needing so much water these days. I think I spend more on water than food.

invest in a Britta filter and a giant reusable water bottle! :) i installed one straight to my home water tap and i'm blessed to have an endless supply of triple filtered water at work lol
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options

I don't drink much caffeine. Sometimes I have one or two cups but not more than that. :/

Same here haha.
  • kraj8995
    kraj8995 Posts: 28
    Options
    Now in these days I drink 2 glasses of water as soon as I wake up and then another 2 ... I would get just so sleepy that all I would want to do is lie down and go to sleep.
  • inkandsheep
    inkandsheep Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I noticed I was more thirsty soon after I got used to drinking more water, too! Glad it's not just me...
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Yeah, definitely know what you're talking about. My friends in college laughed that I would spend all my extra dining dollars on water. I'm not sure why my college thought people on more extensive meal plans also needed more dining dollars, but that's another rant.

The peeing will taper off, as someone else said. When summer starts, and I up intake, I'll pee 5 or 6 times a day before going back to my normal 3 or 4.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If you add a little Himalayan sea salt to your water it helps increase hydration. (its pink)
  • woolnimals
    woolnimals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I thought I was alone in this...

I don't feel more thirsty since I started drinking more water, but I just feel...I don't know....DRIER.

Maybe it's just an adjustment period.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long it has been since you started drinking more.

You're body will get used to it and trips to the loo will become less frequent. I drink about 3+ litres a day and Im not running to the bathroom as often as I did in the beginning.