question about going over

Options
Ayooo. So I know OBVIOUSLY it is not good and not to do it often, but is it okay if you go over your calories by 200-300 ONCE IN A WHILE? Like will that make me gain weight from doing it like once a week?

Replies

• AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I try to have a bad day once a week purposely. This helps with my weight loss, even if I dont want junk food I make myself eat it. I'm on a 1200 daily intake program and I usually eat 2500 on my bad day. this shocks your body and keeps burning fat.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I just went to like 5 different calorie website things and they all said to MAINTAIN my current weight I would be able to eat between 1638 calories to 1773 calories a day.
  • jenjust6
    Options
    Not to worry, it's simple math. A pound equals 3500 calories. It's been suggested to me that it is actually good to vary your calorie count a little from day to day to keep your body from getting too comfortable. SO if you go over one day by 200-300 calories, just aim for a deficit of that much sometime in the next couple of days. It will even out. But until you eat 3500 extra calories, you should not gain.

Good luck!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Im def not going to be eating 3500 calories. My thing is, I've tried the strict strict eating. Not letting me have the things I crave and then breaking down and binging. Before when I wasnt worried about counting calories, if I went out to eat I would only eat half the meal, but I've noticed since I've been stressing over counting cals when I go out to eat, I'll eat the whole meal! So I'm just trying to let myself have the things I want but without going over board.
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I go over sometimes too. I have set my counter to lose 2lbs. My intake varies every day. I try to stay between 1400 and 1800 on workout days and if I goof up it all works out in the end.:wink:
  • junebug523
    Options
    I go over a couple of times a week. Thing is, I also go under several times a week. Things balance out. I've lost about 5 lbs in the past 4-5 weeks, even though my calories are set for me to lose .5 lbs per week. Your body isn't going to operate on calories in/out on a strictly 24-hour schedule. It's called zig-zagging, and I actually think this has helped me to keep from plateauing over the past several weeks. Good luck, and don't worry too much about it! I'd say if you were getting into the habit of going over several days in a row, then you might need to refocus...but if it's just once or twice a week, it might even be good for you.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If your goal is set to lose one pound a week, your daily deficit is 500 calories below maintenance. Obviously 200-300 is less than 500. So you will probably still be on the losing side of the equation, but it will go slower if you do this consistently.

As far as occasional goes, you've probably been under by that much during the week, which evens it out.