Quest bars..

Ok..a question for..well anyone really! Are quest bars really that expensive? Looking up ordering them online from stores here in Ireland and with or without postage and packaging they are coming up at roughly 36 euro for 12 bars..it seems kinda expensive. So..are they that expensive in America? is that a normal price? (I just don't want to be ripped off :P )

And if there's anyone here from Ireland do you know any places outside of Dublin that you could get them?

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    thats def worse over there! depending on the store, they are anywhere from $25-$36 a box here, but I ususally wait for promotion codes (not sure if GNC ships overseas, but they often have promo codes for 15-30% off. recently they had a 30% off code, so i ordered 6 boxes- with taxes it came to $114 (84 euros)
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    I checked out GNC but they don't ship overseas :( But thanks for the info.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    It's about $25 a box. The markup is probably shipping costs.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Of course! I was hoping someone would have an idea of where to get other flavours too..the options are limited to the chocolate, or pb&chocolate ones..really wanted to try the cinnamon roll or white chocolate and raspberry. Think I'll get some and see anyways.
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    how many is in a box?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    how many is in a box?

• ditsy
    ditsy Posts: 27
    That sounds excessively expensive. Try www.iHerb.com . If they ship to Australia I'm sure they ship to Europe/UK etc. At the moment if its your first order you can get $10 off +10% if your order is over $60. Here is a code you can use - FHP179 which also adds discount , it should still be active. Also Shipping is really reasonably priced. I paid about $13 shipping for 6 boxes at approx $26.78 a box ( that's prior to discount) but its $8 for 8 lbs flat rate. Worked out to be 72 bars for less than $2.30AU a bar. Far Cheaper than buying in Oz or Ebay.

Hope this helps

:)
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    quest bars are overated i reckon dont taste that great atkins bars taste better.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I get mine on Amazon. I like to spend under $2.00 a bar.
  • meinola
    meinola Posts: 36 Member
    I get mine on Amazon. I like to spend under $2.00 a bar.

Second for Amazon. I got my last box of Choc Chip Cookie Dough for about $28.00.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    I'm allergic to the sweetener they use, so I don't have to worry about the cost, I just can't have them. haha
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    quest bars are overated i reckon dont taste that great atkins bars taste better.

Just did a quick comparison of chocolate flavor from both brands. For the same serving size, quest has significantly fewer calories (160 vs 250), much less fat (6 vs 14), much more fiber (16 vs 9) and a bit more protein (20 vs 17). Admittedly, the Atkins bar looks more like a delicious candy bar, but having recently eaten the chocolate brownie flavor quest bar, I can say its definitely tasty.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Make them yourself :) sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html'
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Make them yourself :) sweetcheetah.com/2013/07/diy-quest-bars.html'

Looks delicious, only 2g of fiber though!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member

Just did a quick comparison of chocolate flavor from both brands. For the same serving size, quest has significantly fewer calories (160 vs 250), much less fat (6 vs 14), much more fiber (16 vs 9) and a bit more protein (20 vs 17). Admittedly, the Atkins bar looks more like a delicious candy bar, but having recently eaten the chocolate brownie flavor quest bar, I can say its definitely tasty.

I compared too and thought this! :) I'm a newbie to them but I gotta say for the calories, nutrients and taste, quest bars are well worth it. 10 more cinnamon roll bars until I try out strawberry cheesecake.... *drool*
  • This is the cheapest place to buy @QuestNutrition bars in the UK (AND THEY SHIP WORLD WIDE)
    (https://www.predatornutrition.com/en/rewardsref/index/refer/id/61891/ …)
    & enter code '4765607'
    ENJOY! xxx