Ground turkey..

Options
I have half a pound of ground turkey that needs cooked... Anyone have ideas? Feeding 2.

Replies

• candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Make tacos with it just like you would ground beef. It is so much better and better for you!
  • sureiser
    Options
    Instead of hamberger helper we use ground turkey. Make some noodles, brown the meat, don't add to much water, add a sause. You can do a red, or a cheese but be mindful to go low cal.
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can make chili, burgers, taco, sloppy joes all out of ground turkey. You can add an egg and some breadcrumbs and other seasoning and put the meat into muffin tin and make miniature turkey meat loaf. Pretty much anything you can do with hamburger you can do with turkey.
  • crow3217
    Options
    I use it for spaghetti, burrito's/taco's, having sloppy joes tonight.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    We've had chilli, spaghetti and tacos this week.. Ugh
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I make a Thai Larb Salad. SOOO good. and you can eat it cold with romaine lettuce. I use this recipe..

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2013/03/thai-inspired-ground-turkey-larb-salad.html
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey in place of everything calling for ground beef. I would make some tacos. They sound really good tonight.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Taco soup--brown turkey with cumin, red pepper, salt, pepper, garlic, onion (or onion powder), pour in some canned beans (a can or 2--black beans are yummy), corn (if you like it), canned tomatoes, canned chiles--or Rotel, and a cup of water....Yummy hearty soup!!
  • jamebb
    jamebb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/01/asian-turkey-meatballs-with-lime-sesame.html

These are good. I adapted the dipping sauce though- just honey, sriracha, and lime juice. Maybe make asian meatball subs.
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Here is a Turkey Meatloaf recipe....just cut it in half.

1 pound of lean ground turkey1/4cup
    liquid egg whites (or 2-3 egg whites)..
    .veggies chopped (I use carrots and celery- about 3 celery stalks and 2 large carrots)
    1/8 tsp sea salt (dash)
    1 T garlic powder
    1 tsp pepper
    1 tsp chili powder
    1tsp dry mustard
    1/4 tsp thyme
    1/2 cup rolled oatsCombine all ingredients (add turkey last).
    You can bake as a loaf or cupcakes. I do cupcakes, easier for portions. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Today I made a turkey burger with a light cheese wedge stuffed inside and I used cauliflour buns, yumm
    You can make shepards pie, stuffed peppers, sloppy joes, spagetti meatballs, meatloaf
  • as05224
    as05224 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually brown the ground turkey and use whatever dry seasoning I have add some green peppers or red or yellow with onion and a little bit of lite soy sauce and roll it in a piece of lettuce and call it a lettuce cup/ Use what you have and call it what you want, thats my motto :)

Or

If i have enough peppers. I make stuff peppers and add stewed tomatoes to the ground turkey or spaghetti sauce if you have any left over black beans or red beans or chickpeas, boil the peper for 5 mins dry it upside down put in your ground turkey (that you cooked first on the stove top, black beans, and stewed tomatoe and onion back it in the oven and put cheese (lowfat) on top bake it for a little bit (because the ingrediants are already were cooked before you put it in the tomato) and call it a day.
  • as05224
    as05224 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What are cauliflour buns?