LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    or you could use
    Ingredients

3 cups self-rising flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    12 ounces beer (use a favorite brand)
    Pam spray butter flavor
    options: 1 tablespoon your favorite herbs -or- 1/2 cup cheese -or- 1 tablespoon cinnamon,
    Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Butter a loaf pan and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and beer and mix well. The mixture should be sticky. Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes. At the last 3 minutes of baking, remove from oven, spray the top of the loaf with butter spray generously and return to oven.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come back and say, this was SO easy and SO worth it. I made my dough Tuesday about 1 p.m. and let it sit until about 5:30 yesterday for a total of about 16 1/2 hours. I then used the folding method as per the breadtopia link below, letting it proof for another 15 minutes. I ended up using my crockpot ceramic insert, as it was the biggest heat-safe pot I had with a lid. Same baking method: pre-heating the pot at 450, baking covered for 30, then uncovered for 15. The apartment smelled ah-mazzzing, by the way. Love that fresh bread smell. The only issue I had was the bread sticking a bit to the bottom of the pot. Next time, I'll be using parchment paper. Other than that, it turned out gorgeous with a great taste to boot. Already a hit with the hubby! I can't wait to try some other flavor variations :).

Link to breadtopia (they have some great variations and other dough recipes as well): http://www.breadtopia.com/basic-no-knead-method/

And a pic, because I honestly can't believe how pretty it turned out!

2crk279.jpg
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Bumped
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so I can start it tonight after work. I want to serve it with my white chicken chili tomorrow.
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
    I made mine with whole garlic cloves, fresh basil from our garden and mozzarella cheese. Let it sit for a little over 24 hours, then baked it today as a side to some home made creamy tomato basil soup. It was a HIT :)

That is awesome!
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wanted to come back and say, this was SO easy and SO worth it. I made my dough Tuesday about 1 p.m. and let it sit until about 5:30 yesterday for a total of about 16 1/2 hours. I then used the folding method as per the breadtopia link below, letting it proof for another 15 minutes. I ended up using my crockpot ceramic insert, as it was the biggest heat-safe pot I had with a lid. Same baking method: pre-heating the pot at 450, baking covered for 30, then uncovered for 15. The apartment smelled ah-mazzzing, by the way. Love that fresh bread smell. The only issue I had was the bread sticking a bit to the bottom of the pot. Next time, I'll be using parchment paper. Other than that, it turned out gorgeous with a great taste to boot. Already a hit with the hubby! I can't wait to try some other flavor variations :).

Link to breadtopia (they have some great variations and other dough recipes as well): http://www.breadtopia.com/basic-no-knead-method/

2crk279.jpg

That is a gorgeous loaf. Looks so yummy!
  • shargolf
    shargolf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I Did make some adjustments and it turned out just great. I added 2 extra TB. of flour per cup and 2 extra TB. of water per cup. I also found that with my oven I needed to bake it just a few extra min . to get it to be as brown as I wanted. Also to answer the Questions about what kind of pot--- I used my old " Princess House" cookware which is ceramic.
  • justlistening
    justlistening Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is really easy and possibly idiot proof!! I mixed the dough up on a Saturday morning. Then when I went to bake it the next day it seemed too wet. I then realized I only put half of the flour. So I figured I would add the rest of the flour mix it some and let it sit for another 3 hours or so. I baked it 3 hours later in a pyrex dish fully expecting it would not work but it turned out great!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

2crk279.jpg

That is a gorgeous loaf. Looks so yummy!

that does look good! I still haven't tried this yet, been busy but next payday i will definitely go grocery shopping & pick up all the ingredients
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump for homemade bread! Nice pic!
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This bread is the best! I've made it with one c. flour substituted with ancient grains flour, or a whole wheat flour, and it's great. I've made it with roasted garlic cloves and fresh rosemary... also great! The possibilities are endless!

Also, the King Arthur Flour website has a bunch of no knead recipes that I haven't tried yet, that look great. I'm looking forward to trying the rye :)
  • marissabakescakes
    marissabakescakes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Definite bump from me!:)
  • kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    If i don't have a oven safe cooking vessel with a lid, can i just use a double thick aluminum foil lid? or just flip another similar size container on top ( of course I would need to be extra careful moving things around as the "lid" wouldn't be secured in any way)? or a regular plate (I have Correlle dishes)? or a cookie sheet? Any one have other ideas?
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I've got one waiting to be baked when I get home. Ive swapped out some of the flour for rolled oats that I've food processed a bit, and I've added some mozzarella cheese and bacon sprinkles. Can't wait to see how it goes.