Scale is not moving but I have improved my running pace.

Options
It is nice to look at my stats since I picked up running last year, I love seeing how my pace has improved that keeps me motivated and makes me want to keep going and get under 10 min pace. The scale is not moving but that has not stopped me from going forward.

******5K Splash Mob 07/21/2012 (37:49 mins, pace 12 min mile)
******Hot Chocolate 5K 12/09/2012 (34 mins, pace 10:56 min mile)
******Phoenix Marathon 10K 03/02/2013 (66 mins, pace 10:37 min mile)
******Emmas Run 10k 04/06/2013 (67 mins, pace 10:46 min mile)
******A Race for Maggies Place 10k 10/06/2013 (65 mins pace 10:27 min mile)

Replies

• GotMeSomeGoals
    Options
    I hear ya! I took up running last year and my pace has improved dramatically. I average about 11km/hr which is amazing if I look from where I started last year at 6.9km/hr!
    My scale hasn't moved a whole lot either but my legs are looking great so I am not going to complain.
    Keep it up! You're still going faster than someone sitting on the couch! lol
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    Wow! Great improvements! I love going back and doing the same race the following year to see how I've improved as well :)
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just mentioned in another topic how much cycling and running have improved my running.

I struggled last year to run faster than 10 min miles and trying to do so felt like I would throw up. After an injury I started swimming and cycling a lot which built my cardio capacity a lot. I can now run sub 8 min miles before feeling like I might puke. ;)
  • ArtsieSarah
    ArtsieSarah Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I also have been improving with running but have not lost any weight. Does anyone have any ideas why? is it muscle? diet?
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I took up running last year and my pace has improved dramatically. I average about 11km/hr which is amazing if I look from where I started last year at 6.9km/hr!
    My scale hasn't moved a whole lot either but my legs are looking great so I am not going to complain.
    Keep it up! You're still going faster than someone sitting on the couch! lol

You are so right I am starting to see a lot more muscle in my legs so not complaining about that.. Thanks
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great improvements! I love going back and doing the same race the following year to see how I've improved as well :)

Yes I plan to run maybe two of those 10ks next year to see how I have improved. The first 10k I am actually replacing it with the Half Marathon at the same event.