HELP!!!!!

Options
Okay I have been on the site for 2 weeks come sat. my first week I lost 4.2 pounds. this week i am up almost 2 pounds from that. I have been a saint. i eat 1200 to 1350 cals. i exercise for 90 mins to 2 hrs daily. what is going on!!!

Replies

• rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    Okay I have been on the site for 2 weeks come sat. my first week I lost 4.2 pounds. this week i am up almost 2 pounds from that. I have been a saint. i eat 1200 to 1350 cals. i exercise for 90 mins to 2 hrs daily. what is going on!!!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Muscle gain? Water weight - are you watching your sodium intake?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Probably water weight--but make sure you're eating enough calories a day and that you're eating your exercise calories, too.
  • angel22553
    Options
    this may be to personal, but are your regular (bowel) is your period coming and are you getting enough water? Please don't feel like you need to answer these questions to me, but answer them in your mind, because these things effect our ability to lose weight effectively.

I can tell your dedicated to meeting your goals and keep in mind being consistent and keeping at it even when the odds are against you, will get you to your goal.

the other thing that might be happening is our bodies are very complex and by saying this I mean that when we implement changes our bodies may hang onto the weight because it is simply not used to getting consistent nutrients and we actually hold onto our excess because it wants to store the good nutrients while they are there, keep at it and the weight will start to move.
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    You’re going to drive yourself crazy girl! Fight the urge to jump on the scale every week or so. I did the same thing for at least a month and I would loose some and gain some and I felt like I was pretty much staying the same weight. Your gaining muscle and that really messes with the scale. Measure yourself; I think that is the best indicator on how your progress is going. I have lost inches a lot quicker than pounds so I keep my distance from the scale and maybe weigh myself every month. Hope this helps, good luck!
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You lose some, you gain some, with the amount of water we're supposed to drink, its most likely water weight. As many people have surely mentioned to you before, try and weigh yourself only once in a while, and try to do it at the same time of day, everytime you do so, lets say in the morning right when you wake up. Don't worry, your body is still getting used to everything you're doing. You'll be fine:happy: Remember, mucles weighs more than fat, try to take your measurements instead of stepping on the scale, you may be surprised:flowerforyou:
    Keep up the great work:wink:
  • she_red247
    she_red247 Posts: 20
    Options
    Don't let it discourage you. I totally hear what you're saying. I lost 3 pounds right away and then a couple of days later I was up two pounds. :brokenheart: You are at least working out. I have not really dived into that, just calorie cutting. So don't give up!!:bigsmile:
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    I am not eating my exercise calories is that bad? Im regular and my water im drinking 10 to 12 8 oz glasses. Im not sure about my sodium in take I think thats under though.
  • country
    Options
    Yes that is bad. I know it sounds weird but trust us we have all been through it, and have realized that eating your exercise calories is key. In the beginning I didn’t eat my exercise calories either and I regret it because I wasted a good 3 weeks that I could have been loosing weight but wasn’t.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    I have been earning a lot of extra exercise calories too. Why is it so important to consume them? If I eat healthy and eat less and exercise more shouldn't that make me reach my goal sooner. Please explain.
  • country
    Options
    Shelly I just bumped a post about exercise calories take a look and see if helps you.