help!!! im craving bad!

Options
Im at work right now but im having horible cravings. Im not hungry, i just had a healthy snack but all i can think about is hitting taco bell when i go home. I need support

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!
  • Reed286
    Reed286 Posts: 33
    Options
    just think about how guilty you will feel about it and regret it.. dont do it!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!

Ditto! Just get home and go to bed (assuming you're in a time zone where that makes sense). You'll be so happy you did this in the morning.
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One piece of advice I read on another post was to promise yourself you can have it tomorrow morning. Then you wake up and don't really want it anymore.
  • NewandImproved1
    Options
    *sighs* I know. Im going to start carrying around a liter of water, now that I am back on this journey. The water should help.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    simple. drive another way home. don't drive by taco bell.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    if you get a hard shell taco with steak made fresco style then its a good choice. Order a large ice water with it. Its only four weight watcher points. I am guesing its like 200 calories. Then you wont be depriving yourself but you can feel a little accomplished and satisfied that you made a good choice. JUst log it in when you get done. Diet means deprivation, this should be a lifestyle change. Your body doesn't have a internal clock and therefore its always metabolizing. Just go with it. I was a shift manager there for years and lost 64lbs while working there and yes, I ate the food sometimes.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    just think about that douche at taco bell licking that stack of shells.....
    and you're welcome :)
  • Tigerbell1221
    Options
    I'm by no means an expert and I have not been on here even a lengthy period of time but one thing I did find is that when I was eating too few calories such as 1200 and not eating back the number of calories that I was working off.......is that I was always hungry and starving, even in the middle of a workout. What I have been finding is that, even though I was losing a lot of weight quickly, it just was more a starvation mode. Could it be that perhaps you are not eating enough? I have found these links to be very helpful on here.......you might as well. I am not really hungry now at all and have a hard time getting it all eaten but I am losing inches although the scale says I'm gaining......... I'm sure it is muscle.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Someone just sneezed all over the kitchen in Taco Bell.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    if you get a hard shell taco with steak made fresco style then its a good choice. Order a large ice water with it. Its only four weight watcher points. I am guesing its like 200 calories. Then you wont be depriving yourself but you can feel a little accomplished and satisfied that you made a good choice. JUst log it in when you get done. Diet means deprivation, this should be a lifestyle change. Your body doesn't have a internal clock and therefore its always metabolizing. Just go with it. I was a shift manager there for years and lost 64lbs while working there and yes, I ate the food sometimes.

According to TB's website,

Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco - 150 calories
    (there is about a 10 calorie difference between soft and hard shell, so the hard shell version is probably about 140)

That being said, OP I have no advice for you. I asked my husband earlier to get me a volcano burrito after he gets off work. :tongue:
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Im at work right now but im having horible cravings. Im not hungry, i just had a healthy snack but all i can think about is hitting taco bell when i go home. I need support

Have you ever considered whether your body is craving some nutrient or something that is inside one of the foods you are craving? That your body needs something in there?
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    I suppose i could take another look at my intake and just bring another healthy snack tomorrow. I think its mainly just that i got so addicted to fast food though because i ate really well today and im not feeling hungry really. I used to hit drive thru at least twice a day. It was bad! And not normal portions or healthy options either. So i feel if i have it now, even a bit it would get out of control again. When i started here i told myself no drive thru. Even if i want something different than what's in my kitchen, id much rather go to the grocery store and make it myself so its healthier. sorry for my grammar slip ups, i am writing from a cell phone right now. thanks guys for your help!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    hey to add to this, I wouldn't eat any of the other food from taco bell if I were you. Like I said I worked there for over ten years: if you seen what the food looks like before it gets flopped in a burrito or whatever, you wouldn't want to eat it. The hard shell taco is the best and lowest caloried choice there but its not very flling. You could eat the beans in a hard shell but a few years ago, they started putting a big portion of soy in the beans so they aren't what you could get from a can of beans at home. The meat is so greasy that we are ordered to stir it every ten minutes, most of the food especially late at night is probably over its expriation dates, however if the health dept comes in, they wouldn't know cuz the mangers made sure the food labels appear correct. Just saying, this may help you when you think of taco bell. the only time I would consider going there for food myself is early in the morning at ten. Go any time after that then you could be eating carryover. Carryover (leftovers from the day before) gets cooked/reheated at 11am. Gross. If you love Mexican like I do, then invest in some corn tortillas and keep some fat free refriend beans or black bean in the fridge and some lettuce and onions, salsa.. then you can plan to make your own when you come home. Fill yourself up with filling foods throughout the day and plan on food treats. Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should is my motto.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wait until tomorrow, if you're still craving it then get something. If it's something calorie-heavy, split it with a friend or save a half for the next meal. I believe in satisfying my cravings, but I really try to make myself wait until I'm sure it's a craving... not because "oh, that sounds awesome beause I saw it on tv."
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    hey to add to this, I wouldn't eat any of the other food from taco bell if I were you. Like I said I worked there for over ten years: if you seen what the food looks like before it gets flopped in a burrito or whatever, you wouldn't want to eat it. The hard shell taco is the best and lowest caloried choice there but its not very flling. You could eat the beans in a hard shell but a few years ago, they started putting a big portion of soy in the beans so they aren't what you could get from a can of beans at home. The meat is so greasy that we are ordered to stir it every ten minutes, most of the food especially late at night is probably over its expriation dates, however if the health dept comes in, they wouldn't know cuz the mangers made sure the food labels appear correct. Just saying, this may help you when you think of taco bell. the only time I would consider going there for food myself is early in the morning at ten. Go any time after that then you could be eating carryover. Carryover (leftovers from the day before) gets cooked/reheated at 11am. Gross. If you love Mexican like I do, then invest in some corn tortillas and keep some fat free refriend beans or black bean in the fridge and some lettuce and onions, salsa.. then you can plan to make your own when you come home. Fill yourself up with filling foods throughout the day and plan on food treats. Just cuz you can doesn't mean you should is my motto.
    Holy crow. Are you for hire as the craving angel voice on my shoulder!
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I bought a panini maker, and keep corn tortillas on hand. That way I can whip up a cheese quesadilla (or a bean quesadilla or a veggie quesadilla or whatever) whenever I want at home. It's cheap, fresh, satisfying, 200 calories or less (that's if you use cheese, less otherwise), and you know exactly what goes into it.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I find that when I drink water or chew minty gum, my cravings go away instantly. So, give that a try :) Good luck!
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I suppose i could take another look at my intake and just bring another healthy snack tomorrow. I think its mainly just that i got so addicted to fast food though because i ate really well today and im not feeling hungry really. I used to hit drive thru at least twice a day. It was bad! And not normal portions or healthy options either. So i feel if i have it now, even a bit it would get out of control again. When i started here i told myself no drive thru. Even if i want something different than what's in my kitchen, id much rather go to the grocery store and make it myself so its healthier. sorry for my grammar slip ups, i am writing from a cell phone right now. thanks guys for your help!

Telling yourself "no drive thru" or no anything really, is a recipe for disaster. As aforementioned, this is a lifestyle change. Unless you are planning on giving up fast food forever and ever amen, don't make it a limitation.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You still at work? Don't give into the craving and it will pass. If you give in, your will berate yourself.

Just imagine all us MFP people here saying, "Noooooooo......" :bigsmile:

You can do it!