Fruit Calories

Options
Hi all do you all add the calories from fruit to your daily figures its just fruit is suppose to be healthy for you isn't it and i find im still hungry eating only 1,590 calories a day so if i can eat fruit and not include it that would be good.

I NEED ALL THE ADVISE I CAN GET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Kegsey55
    Kegsey55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fruit is healthy but it still has calories so it should be logged. If you are hungry then look at what you are eating and decrease calorie dense food and replace with less calorie dense food like vegetables which will fill you up or eat more protein and fats which will keep you fuller for longer. Also check that you have calculated your calorie intake correctly and have the right amount of calories.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    a medium orange is 80 calories and a banana has about 100 calories ...

seriously log and weigh everything, there are no foods without calories :-)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you eat it log it. You can't calorie count unless you count all the calories.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yup. As above. Fruit is healthy - but does contain a lot of sugars- hence the calories.,

I would advise to enjoy fruit, but don't forget to log it. Maybe try more veggies instead. Green leafy vegetables take a while to eat, are bulky and have far fewer calories than the starchier veggies like carrots and sweetcorn.

I just ate a banana as my post run breakfast - I find it hard to allow 100 cals for something I don't even like that much, but they are filling - and healthy.

Just as an aside - is 1590 calories enough for you? Sometimes on mfp the calories allowed by the site are too low. I have worked out mine to be about that - and I am a relatively sedentary woman. I do eat a lot of my exercise cals back too.
  • bubbles2693
    bubbles2693 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all what is the best way to calculate what calories i should be eating
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Fruit have calories. Bananas can have around a 100 calories, mangos 130 and big apples can come near 100 calories as well. You're a guy, you can definitely eat more than 1500 calories. I'd say you should eat around 2000 to lose weight and not feel like you're starving.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's calories. Log them.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, 1590 calories is probably too few for a 200+ pound man.

I ate a heck of a lot more than that and still lost anywhere from 1-3 pounds a week.

Just up your calorie limit and eat more. You shouldn't have to feel hungry, even when you're losing weight.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Change your settings from Sedentary to at LEAST lightly active, and change your pounds-per-week to 1 pound. Eat. Anything above regular day-to-day stuff, log it and eat at least half of that back (doing that will get you close to the TDEE method.

You should be above 1500 calories, especially if you are hungry!!