At home elliptical

Options
Thinking of buying an Elliptical? Any suggestions on good ones that won't break my bank??

Replies

• pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have one I got from WalMart, it was only 200. It was a floor model haha. I LOVE it. Of course its not as high tech as the ones at the gym but its got smart workouts, resistance, counts calories burned ... Its pretty great
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Stridetrainer-380-Elliptical-Trainer/11993393
    this one to be exact, a little noisy but my music tunes that our
  • mfarmer88
    mfarmer88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thank you! I'll check it out!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I brought a second hand Kettler crosstrainer that retails for £500 for £70 and it was unused lots of people buy with good intentions and after a few months collecting dust they sell. Check your local ads or Ebay and see what is around the one I found had never been put together, I also found a reebok I rower the retails for £400 in the same condition for £60 two quality machines for less than one cheap one I would suggest well worth the effort of looking.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Go with ebay, I got a buffalo for £35.00, pulse monitor is not working but I have an HRM anyway. Not a make that I was familiar with but is made in Germany and is not going to break on me judging by the way its built
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I bought a used one off of Craigslist years ago, and use it almost every day. Paid a fraction of the price. AND someone else did the hard part of putting the thing together. :-(
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I second everyone saying look on sale sites. Walmart sells crap, the other person might have gotten lucky, but most of their gym equipment is cheaply made and will break within a year. Find someone selling a good brand/well made machine, and go that route. Good ellipticals are VERY expensive, and kind of bulky so make sure you have the necessary room.