Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stretch Marks on a GUY!

Hey guys,

So in the last 12 months I have rapidly grown and gotten a lot bigger. Both fat and muscle. A part of this is some pretty insane stretch marks. They are so deep and a deep purple colour! But the worst thing about them is that they are SOOOO FREAKING ITCHY!!!!

What should I do to reduce the colour and itchyness of these??

Replies

• Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    I don't know about this, but I do know that a lot of guys are pretty proud of them. Have you tried googling it?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Color should fade with time. As for the itching, you could try some lotion.
  • For the itching try a lotion like Goldbond. There is nothing you can do to make them go away completely, over time they will fade to white.
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    I use a cocoa butter enriched with vitamin E, works great to remove the itchyness and helps the colour go down too :)
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    I wonder if Mederma would work? See a dermatologist.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I second cocoa butter and drinking lots of water
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    yep, they're itchy. Ever see a pregnant woman scratching her belly?:laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
    You should use lotion and try not to scratch. They will eventually fade to a silvery white. If you're fairly complected, they won't be that noticeable. If you're brown like me, not so much :laugh: but they DO fade :ohwell:
  • jrlevo
    jrlevo Posts: 12
    Thanks guys, I know that they do fade. Just the itching is what drives me crazy!

I might go buy some Bio oil, I drink plenty of water so that shouldnt be a problem
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Hey guys,

So in the last 12 months I have rapidly grown and gotten a lot bigger. Both fat and muscle. A part of this is some pretty insane stretch marks. They are so deep and a deep purple colour! But the worst thing about them is that they are SOOOO FREAKING ITCHY!!!!

What should I do to reduce the colour and itchyness of these??

cocoa butter is the best for stretch marks. whatever you do: do not scratch them. I have had three kids with the stretchmarks to prove it. but they aren't so bad because I rub myself with lotion constantly.. cocoa butter or anything with vitamin E at least is good to help with the purpleness and itchiness of stretchmarks. It will take time but they eventually fade. I also think tanning sort of helps too. Just make sure you use sunscreen. I suggest getting a rub on cocoa butter and make it a habit to rub on instead of itching.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,268 Member
    oh yeah and make sure along with cocoa butter/vitamin E and drinking your daily water..make sure you are taking multi vitamin. You got to improve from the inside first.