Stretch Marks on a GUY!

Options
Hey guys,

So in the last 12 months I have rapidly grown and gotten a lot bigger. Both fat and muscle. A part of this is some pretty insane stretch marks. They are so deep and a deep purple colour! But the worst thing about them is that they are SOOOO FREAKING ITCHY!!!!

What should I do to reduce the colour and itchyness of these??

Replies

• Wetterdew
    Wetterdew Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this, but I do know that a lot of guys are pretty proud of them. Have you tried googling it?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Color should fade with time. As for the itching, you could try some lotion.
  • tallgrl212
    Options
    For the itching try a lotion like Goldbond. There is nothing you can do to make them go away completely, over time they will fade to white.
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use a cocoa butter enriched with vitamin E, works great to remove the itchyness and helps the colour go down too :)
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I wonder if Mederma would work? See a dermatologist.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I second cocoa butter and drinking lots of water
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    yep, they're itchy. Ever see a pregnant woman scratching her belly?:laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
    You should use lotion and try not to scratch. They will eventually fade to a silvery white. If you're fairly complected, they won't be that noticeable. If you're brown like me, not so much :laugh: but they DO fade :ohwell:
  • jrlevo
    jrlevo Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks guys, I know that they do fade. Just the itching is what drives me crazy!

I might go buy some Bio oil, I drink plenty of water so that shouldnt be a problem
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

So in the last 12 months I have rapidly grown and gotten a lot bigger. Both fat and muscle. A part of this is some pretty insane stretch marks. They are so deep and a deep purple colour! But the worst thing about them is that they are SOOOO FREAKING ITCHY!!!!

What should I do to reduce the colour and itchyness of these??

cocoa butter is the best for stretch marks. whatever you do: do not scratch them. I have had three kids with the stretchmarks to prove it. but they aren't so bad because I rub myself with lotion constantly.. cocoa butter or anything with vitamin E at least is good to help with the purpleness and itchiness of stretchmarks. It will take time but they eventually fade. I also think tanning sort of helps too. Just make sure you use sunscreen. I suggest getting a rub on cocoa butter and make it a habit to rub on instead of itching.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    oh yeah and make sure along with cocoa butter/vitamin E and drinking your daily water..make sure you are taking multi vitamin. You got to improve from the inside first.