Extreme Diet Plan that can lose almost 10 pounds for 2 Weeks

Options

Replies

• Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You might be able to lose that if you go super low carb but tbh it wouldn't be fat you were losing so not really worth the hassle. Have patience and do this the right way :)
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    jackie warner has a 10 lbs in 10 days diet but it includes required exercise you can do at home. I've done it before and lost 10 lbs but I was hungry. loosely follow her diet plan, but added more calories to it to keep it around 1200.
  • aealair
    aealair Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think some people are being rude in their responses here. It's not a stupid question, people just have different priorities and opinions.

It's true that it won't be a sustainable weight loss (i.e. you'll gain most of the weight back afterwards) but I totally understand wanting to lose weight by a certain day. Unfortunately I think it would be very difficult and unhealthy to lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks. But you can lose some of that weight if you eat mostly fruits and veggies, drink plenty of water, and try to limit your salt since this can contribute to bloating/water weight.
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    jackie warner has a 10 lbs in 10 days diet but it includes required exercise you can do at home. I've done it before and lost 10 lbs but I was hungry. loosely follow her diet plan, but added more calories to it to keep it around 1200.

This is complete bollocks, 10lbs in 10 days!!! Seriously! How do people get away with perpetuating these lies? SMH!
    There is no shortcut or quickfix!!!
    I REPEAT, THERE IS NO SHORTCUT OR QUICK FIX
  • Noiram55
    Options
    How unkind!!
  • Noiram55
    Options
    How unkind!! This message was for navyrigger, but I see there are now a lot more cruel people out there
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. You're the only one who can say whether or not it's sustainable for you, and I don't know how much you would lose, but it's working for me.

And not eating a couple days a week is not going to kill you. Humans would have finished before they ever got started. That being said, use your head. You can't eat candy and donuts for 5 days and fast for 2 and expect outstanding results.

You get out what you put in. So put it in!
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    How unkind!! This message was for navyrigger, but I see there are now a lot more cruel people out there

Those people aren't cruel. The idea of losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks isn't thought through.

1) I'm curious to know why OP 'NEEDS' to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Is it a life or death situation? Why does OP think losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks is a good idea? This idea is a crash diet and therefore not sustainable and she will gain it back 100% because she never changed her lifestyle.

2) Some people here are giving her - in my opinion - bad advice by telling her to do a crash diet. Hence my eyeroll.

3) A lot of people have been on MFP for years. I've been on MFP for a little over a year and at first was a bit suprised about the negative responses on the messageboards. I was looking to lose weight - QUICK. So I know where OP comes from. I did a crash diet; I ate about 800 calories a day and burned about 400-800 with working out. You know what happend? I found out why those 'mean' people were so annoyed. I did lose weight quick. Lost all musclemass too. People told me I looked ill. And I gained it back a while later, because that diet wasn't sustainable and I never learned how to change my lifestyle.

After numerous posts a day about wanting to lose weight QUICK, people will be annoyed because they've been telling the same thing over and over again. I found out they're usually right and that I should have listend :).

:flowerforyou:
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Options
    I agree that 10 lbs in 2 weeks is not a realistic goal, but also very unhealthy. I too wish I could lose weight that quick, but it's not a good idea. I strive for 2 lbs a week, but at the most 3. I know this is stating the obvious, but the best ways to lose weight is how you eat. Find a work regimen that you can stick to each day and eat your calorie goal. Eat 5-6 small meals a day throughout the day, eat fresh veggies, fruits, leans proteins and you will see the weight fall off. It takes time, Rome wasn't built in a day, so give it time and stay positive. I didnt see real results for about 7 weeks of starting a healthy diet and daily exercise. Feel free to add me as a friend for support :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    No Salt AT ALL...only drink water & eat fruits & vegetables for breakfast, snacks, and dinner its kinda like a detox too, to get all the bad toxins out of your body by only eating natural foods instead of processed....

Joke right?
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    SMH!!!! thats all i have to say!!!
  • princessleslie1
    princessleslie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the Warrior Diet. You have a fruit and veggie fast during the day. You drink water and eat all the fruits and veggies you want. You can drink/eat broth as needed to help if you get hungry. You eat a healthy, well-rounded dinner at night. Start with a salad, full-fat dressing, lean protein, non-starchy vegetable, bread, and dessert. Limit sodas if not eliminate them. Stick with water and unsweetened tea. I ate like this (because I wanted to; it's what I wanted to eat not because of any diet.) back in 1999. I started in January and by mid April I had lost nearly 65 pounds, which was 5 lbs a week. Of course I was walking at least a mile a day on the treadmill and was playing with my Lab at the beach.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

This is complete bollocks, 10lbs in 10 days!!! Seriously! How do people get away with perpetuating these lies? SMH!
    There is no shortcut or quickfix!!!
    I REPEAT, THERE IS NO SHORTCUT OR QUICK FIX

Sadly there will always be people looking for whatever quick fix they can get.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Are you going to die if you don't lose 10 lbs quick? If not, then don't be foolish. You can lose weight through diet alone, but aim for a smaller goal. Also, you can dedicate 10-15 minutes a day to a quick workout. You need to make time. Diet helps with weight loss, but exercise helps you look good naked.
  • jonschirripa
    Options
    Regardless of the extreme 10lb reduction in two weeks there is a more important problem here. I think its your attitude towards your health. There HAS TO BE time for a workout. Listen, I felt exactly like you 2 weeks ago. My schedule is incredibly dense, but two weeks ago I was fed up and decided to change the way I looked at my health. I only have minor success, but it's appropriate for the the time I have dedicated.

I think I can help you in your approach to your problem too. 30 minutes is all you need. Since you prioritize your studies, I know that you are capable of changing your attitude towards diet and exercise. I dieted for a long time with results, but it wasn't until I put my butt on the treadmill did weight start to come off. You can't look at exercising as if you are getting nothing out of it. It is synergistic with the dieting, and IMHO it keeps your diet "in check".

So if I were you I would due a deep introspective evaluation, forget about the 2 week reduction, and focus on the next lifetime of weight management. In essence, just suck it up. I promise if you stick to your diet, and just do 30 minutes of cardio 5x a week you will see results quicker than ever before. I know you think you are busy, but it's bull****. If you doubt me, I am currently a medical student who is getting ready to sit for my first set of boards...so I kinda know a little something about being busy.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    What happens if you don't lose ten pounds in two weeks? Will you be fired from your job? Will your firstborn child be sacrificed?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Sure fire way to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks.

Eat 5000 calories a day until you weight about 200 pounds over your goal weight.

Switch to a 1500 calorie a day diet for 10 days.

Seriously though... you need to reevaluate your weight loss goals and reasoning. No one NEEDS to lose weight that fast. You want to. And if it means hurting yourself (which you very likely will) you might want to seek professional help.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Any diet in which you create a calorie deficit will cause you to lose weight. Exercise is great for health, but not essential for weight loss. But upon your resumption of normal eating, you will have to eat healthily to maintain your weight loss.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Google "protein sparing modified fast." But understand, you can only do such a diet short-term, maybe 10 days.
  • Kirstyw871
    Kirstyw871 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just stop eating.