How much is too much Greek yogurt?

Options
I am eating tons of this stuff because it's yummy, works good in smoothies and substitute pretty good for mayo but I'm wondering if it's too much?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is it causing you to go over your calorie, sugar or carb targets? If not, then you're good.

A quick look at your diary shows you're having a cup a day on average - absolutely fine. You can have more if you like!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I would say it's only too much if you 1. have any dairy sensitivities or 2. your consumption is creating a calorie surplus at the end of the day.

Otherwise you're fine I would think.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am still playing with the limits of this. I love greek yogurt.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It's a problem if it is limiting your ice cream intake.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is so 2012. Icelandic yogurt is where it's at.
  • kattjohnsonmfp
    kattjohnsonmfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When it starts coming out of your ears
  • pscott822
    pscott822 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a large variety of types of food. The danger would be getting too much of one set of nutrients and lacking in others.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I was eating it a ton and wondering why my weight stalled....didn't pay attention to the sugar that is in greek yogurt....even the plain ones have about 7g per serving. So just make sure it stays in your macros. :-)
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above, the only concern maybe is sodium if you're monitoring your intake, but apart from that Greek Yoghurt is bloody brilliant :)
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm Greek Yoghurt. At the end of the day at least it's not ice cream!
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the love of Greek yogurt:bigsmile:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

No I'm just eating Frozen Greek Yogurt. :love:
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    When I was eating about a cup of Greek yogurt daily, I suffered from a post-nasal drip because of the mucus that milk protein creates. This caused many sinus infections.

If you don't have a problem with it, continue on.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options

Problem solved, TCBY Frozen Greek Yogurt.
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just did some research on the greek yogurt fad. The impression I got is that even though some companies say greek yogurt they are actually just reg. yogurt with added cornstarch to make them appear as greek yogurt when in fact they are just thickened reg. stuff for double the price. Do some looking into it and check the ingredients I saw a lot of them with cornstarch as the second ingredient, which in my opinion is a rip off money wise.
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just got into it I find that the ones with the fruit is high in sugar I just tried the plain and need to add fresh fruit.