Slim in 6

Options
I am about to embark on a different journey. I usually walk everyday for about 3-4 miles a day. I wanted to add something else in besides just walking. So I am ordering the Slim in 6 series. Has anyone tried it? If so please post your feelings about it.

Thanks

Replies

• ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it. I have done Turbo Jam, ChaLEAN Extreme, and currently doing Turbo Fire. I know someone who has done Slim in 6 and had great results! If you are willing to stick to the program and follow a great diet plan, you will get the results you want.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school my mom had some really old slim in 6 videos (cassette not dvd!) and I loved them!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Like Erin, I do the ChaLEAN Extreme, Turbo Fire, and Turbo Jam dvds.
    Slim in 6 is a GREAT introduction into the world of workout dvd programs.
    For me...it's just a tad too slow paced.
    However, to vary the workout regime you already have in place...I think it's a GREAT addition!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    However, to vary the workout regime you already have in place...I think it's a GREAT addition!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options

I also am into fast paced workouts, which is why Turbo Fire is my favorite by far. :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 (and MFP) gave me great results. I lost 25 of my 30 pounds doing that. Since then, I've mostly been doing Slim Series, the follow-up to Slim in 6. There's a lot more resistance work in Slim Series, and it's six different workouts, so you don't have the monotony of doing the same one every day, like with SI6. What you're doing is a great base to build on. If you like Debbie's style and personality, you might want to consider doing Slim Series next. I've also done Power 90, Turbo Jam, Yoga Booty Ballet, and P90X (three rounds), but Slim Series is my favorite of them all, and it all started with Slim in 6. :smile:
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    Do you think I would be bored with Slim in 6???:flowerforyou:

I've done Turbo Jam for years and am completing my second round of Chalean Extreme, I love both of those workouts but was thinking of buying Slim in 6 next for something different.

Any thoughts?:huh:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Do you think I would be bored with Slim in 6???:flowerforyou:

I've done Turbo Jam for years and am completing my second round of Chalean Extreme, I love both of those workouts but was thinking of buying Slim in 6 next for something different.

Any thoughts?:huh:
    I think you'd be bored for longer than a few weeks. If you have the dollars, I'd recommend ordering the deluxe package that has SI6 and Slim Series. If you don't, I think you'd get more bang for your buck going straight to Slim Series. If you've done Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme, I wouldn't be concerned that you can't handle it. Just be prepared to work your legs like crazy. That's what I love about Debbie!
  • JustAmy
    Options
    I think you'd be bored for longer than a few weeks. If you have the dollars, I'd recommend ordering the deluxe package that has SI6 and Slim Series. If you don't, I think you'd get more bang for your buck going straight to Slim Series. If you've done Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme, I wouldn't be concerned that you can't handle it. Just be prepared to work your legs like crazy. That's what I love about Debbie!

I will have to do some research on these, I was looking on ebay actually:embarassed: and have found 2 sets. The slim in 6 with extras and a 3 dvd set that has (Cool It Off! Tone It Up! & Firm It Up!). Am I on the right track??

Sorry to be budging in on your topic lyndora1975:smile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I will have to do some research on these, I was looking on ebay actually:embarassed: and have found 2 sets. The slim in 6 with extras and a 3 dvd set that has (Cool It Off! Tone It Up! & Firm It Up!). Am I on the right track??
    As a BB coach, of course I'd encourage you to order them from Beachbody. (Maybe even through me? :bigsmile:) I've heard horror stories about people buying their programs on ebay (not getting everything in the package, etc.). I've also heard about people who have had good experiences. That said, the three-DVD set is on the right track, but there are three more workouts in Slim Series: Shape It Up! Mix It Up! and Tear It Up! I use all six and sure wouldn't want to have to give up half of them. I don't know what the price is for the three on ebay, but the entire set retails for $59.95. Individual workouts retail for $19.95, but you could get the whole set for the same price as the three missing individual ones. That'd be my recommendation. Let me know if you'd like a link.
  • JustAmy
    Options
    As a BB coach, of course I'd encourage you to order them from Beachbody. (Maybe even through me? :bigsmile:) I've heard horror stories about people buying their programs on ebay (not getting everything in the package, etc.). I've also heard about people who have had good experiences. That said, the three-DVD set is on the right track, but there are three more workouts in Slim Series: Shape It Up! Mix It Up! and Tear It Up! I use all six and sure wouldn't want to have to give up half of them. I don't know what the price is for the three on ebay, but the entire set retails for $59.95. Individual workouts retail for $19.95, but you could get the whole set for the same price as the three missing individual ones. That'd be my recommendation. Let me know if you'd like a link.

I think I will hold off for a while then and start over with a Tae Bo, Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme combo until I can save up to get the right thing! Which will either be TurboFire or Slim Series and I WILL order through you ~ thank you for all your help Jill!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I think I will hold off for a while then and start over with a Tae Bo, Turbo Jam and Chalean Extreme combo until I can save up to get the right thing! Which will either be TurboFire or Slim Series and I WILL order through you ~ thank you for all your help Jill!
    You're welcome, and I am happy to help any time, whether you order through me or not!
  • lyndora1975
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses. I will check out this ChaLean also. But I think I will go ahead and order my Slim in 6, and the Slim Series!
  • lyndora1975
    Options
    Okay, after looking at the site again, I think I am going to order Turbo Jam!, will let you know how I make out!
  • JustAmy
    Options
    :love: I bet you will love it ~ I've had it for years and still enjoy it:love:
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love the slim in 6! Especially the burn it up...holy moly talk about sweating for 75 minutes straight! It feels SO good! I would highly recommend it!