curvy women- working out woes

Options

Replies

• dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I'm DDD, so I triple bra when I run. (I wear the same when I ride horses) The rest of me..well, the more I run & the more I stay in my caloric guidelines, the less it bounces back!
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Buttjiggle isn't a problem but I double up the bras too. Only way I can run.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Giant boobs and butt here. Better sports bra is your answer. Also, compression tights. I was in physical pain from running before I got adequate gear. Some people swear by the Enell.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy and I jiggle. On purpose. Not sure what the issue is here.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 40DD and my butt, well, should probably have its own zipcode. I can assure you, if a halfway decent bra and compression top and leggings keep me from knocking out myself (and innocent bystanders), you shouldn't have any problems. I buy cheapy/clearance ones at Old Navy and they get the job done.
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :( You've just put me in bravangelizing mode:

If your breasts go mad when you workout, you guys are probably wearing the wrong size sports bra or one that doesn't have enough support. You guys should really check out the proper way of measuring for cupsize and maybe check out a nordstrom or whatever bra stores are in your area.

VS and La Senza are in business because they stuff every woman into their tiny range of bras. Think about all your friends and about how different their ribs and breastsize are. Does it really make sense that every woman with slightly large breasts are all 36DD regardless of their ribsize? Does it really make sense to measure for what bandsize to wear by adding inches or by measuring over the boobs? I wore a 38DD for years before finding out I really needed a 30H/30HH, but if I walked into La Senza right now I'm sure they would try to put me back in one despite the fact they never worked.

Go on brabandproject.com and look up what you're currently wearing. 9 chances out of ten the women you see are a lot smaller chested then you

Seriously google this stuff. If you get the right size you can check out brands like Panache Sport, Freya Active and get sports bras that don't make you feel like you can't breathe and don't make you feel like you're going to smack yourself in the chin with your boob. Also: Seperation of breasts so you don't get monoboob and you don't get sweat buildup.

Rant over
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    1) Get better bras
    2) Get compression shorts/tights and throw some shorts on top of them if you don't like the look of tight bottoms
    3) GET OVER IT. Don't let this be some big thing that holds you back. Who the hell cares what some random stranger thinks of you? Get the gear you need, and get to work. It's an investment in yourself. In a month, if you stick with it, you'll be glorying in your results and wondering why they heck you were worried about a bit of jiggle in the first place.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Wow the responses were overwhelming and awesome! I shall check out these Tata Tamers, since most of you have mentioned them. Also, its heartening to note I'm not the only one lol. :)

Someone mentioned wrong bra size, very true. For years, until I had my son, I used to squeeze into a 34B assuming that was my size. I was flabbergasted when I found out I was a 34DD, and have been wearing the proper size since. Back feels better, and working out has become a cinch. Would definitely become awesomer with the clothing hints you wonderful ladies mentioned. Thank you so much!
  • YoBecca
    YoBecca Posts: 167
    Options
    I prefer Moving Comfort bras - the Fiona or the Juno. They adjust well as you lose weight, so you can wear them even as you drop sizes.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm not curvy. I just carry any extra flab in my hips and thighs(thank you pear shape). So, I wear compression shorts when running. It makes things much more comfortable for me. I wear shorts over them.
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My butt twerks involuntarily on the treadmill and I'm cool with that. Make it rain, girl!
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have DD's and I run just fine--I invested in a GREAT sports bra! When you have big boobies--you may want to consider using a sports bra with an underwire. It definitely works for me. And don't buy the uni-boob sports bra--they are horrible!! A good one will cost at least $35.

12871038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love it!!:love:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I bet this thread has been done to death! I'm a petite, yet "curvy" person, and as much as I like running and strength training, my boobs and butt jiggle when I do, and I don't like it AT ALL. It makes me feel so self conscious even though I know no one's looking, and uncomfortable physically, as well.

Any suggestions? No, sports bras and yoga pants don't help :(

There was a tip somewhere that upping the incline level on a treadmill is just as efficient as running (not sure how credible). Thank you!

invest in a great sports bra and when i say invest i mean you're gonna have to spend $$$ on a GREAT sports bra. as for the jiggle jiggle jiggle of your booty mine jiggles (i'm short but i've got a big ole butt) but since i can't see it i'm not bothered by it plus on occasion i get whistled at which makes me feel good. yup it does - a good ole fashioned cat call does wonders to this woman's ego.
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree with the others and suggest a better sports bra. I wear a 32HH in regular bras so I invested in Shock Absorbers and Freya Fitness bras (when I was still in their sizes). I have never had to double up since buying the right bra.

As far as the price goes, I buy mine from brastop.com Even with the conversion from Dollars to Pounds and the shipping charge it comes out cheaper than buying from my local specialty bra store or some of the US online stores.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    My butt twerks involuntarily on the treadmill and I'm cool with that. Make it rain, girl!

The OP said she was physically uncomfortable. In addition, many women don't want to draw attention to themselves while exercising. They're working out to be healthier and assist weight loss, not to put on a show for every guy in the vicinity.
  • Lavidarachel
    Lavidarachel Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yep, I must say, at J cups (sometimes bigger, depending on the bra), it isnt about jiggling or anything like that, it can actually be uncomfortable. A friend who worked for Bravissimo (who are excellent!) said wearing two sports bras is a must for some people, who are in the bigger sizes.

One decent one is a must, and I don't do anything like jumping jacks, as it can tear my skin!

xx
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    My butt bounces when I jog.....I just try to focus on something else lol. I know one day it won't be this way :)
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My belly flops all over the place and makes my underwear fall when I am doing jumping jacks and burpees...all while hoping my boobs dont give me a black eye. Good luck. Get over it and just do what you gotta do!!! Pretty soon that jiggle wont be as bad--that is the only thing that gets me through.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Try CW-X compression tights/capris/shorts. Those do wonders for sucking everything in and feeling less jiggly when you run. And you can always wear baggy shorts over them if you want a more modest look. Yoga pants don't have nearly the same compression capability.

And like everyone else has said - it's worth finding a good bra. The right one eliminates bouncing, but if you need a short term fix, doubling up - like a sports bra over a regular bra or a sports bra under a bra top with a fitted shelf bra will help.

Also - I used to have a lot more issues with needing clothes to control bouncing but I've changed my running stride and stopped heel striking. If you land more softly on the outside of the mid-foot and roll it in, it absorbs the impact and you won't feel the same bounce impact that you do when you are heel striking. Just something to consider.