How much difference can I make in 4 weeks?

Options
Hi everyone,

I have 4.5 was until I go on holiday and have to face the swimsuit! I have lost 8lbs so far and weigh 125.5lbs at 5'3" but I'm still super unhappy with my shape and flabby belly after having my baby. Can I make a difference in 4wks? I feel like giving up. I do at least 3 work outs a week for 1 hr, a mix of interval training and weights... Any suggestions? / success stories / motivation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

Replies

• Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    start strength training.. you can make a huge difference in 4 weeks doing that!! inches just melt away
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You wont be a super model but you will be able to see visible differences. First start by making sure you eat clean veggies, learn protein, fruit and limit carbs. Log everything and be honest, limit cheat day and processed foods. I would also begin a schedule of weight training followed by cardio. If you can not do them back to back do empty stomach cardio in the morning (if you can handle it). Dont under eat your body will go into starvation mode and you wont lose. Good luck
  • Beckie_82
    Beckie_82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm going to the gym 1st thing in the morning so I'll make sure I up the strength training after my cardio and do that before I eat.

Should I be doing lots of reps with light weights or starting off with fewer heavy weights?
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You wont be a super model but you will be able to see visible differences. First start by making sure you eat clean veggies, learn protein, fruit and limit carbs. Log everything and be honest, limit cheat day and processed foods. I would also begin a schedule of weight training followed by cardio. If you can not do them back to back do empty stomach cardio in the morning (if you can handle it). Dont under eat your body will go into starvation mode and you wont lose. Good luck

Pretty much everything in this post is bogus except that you should weight train. You don't have to eat clean or limit carbs. Empty stomach cardio won't affect anything. There is no such thing as starvation mode. All you can do is eat at a calorie deficit and weight train but you will not see major results in 4 weeks. It takes a lot of time and patience. So just enjoy your vacation and rock the bikini.
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Pretty much everything in this post is bogus except that you should weight train. You don't have to eat clean or limit carbs. Empty stomach cardio won't affect anything. There is no such thing as starvation mode. All you can do is eat at a calorie deficit and weight train but you will not see major results in 4 weeks. It takes a lot of time and patience. So just enjoy your vacation and rock the bikini.

Talk to a personal trainer. They will tell you that if you are serious about losing diet is everything, and pretty much agree with what I said.
    Empty stomach cardio forces the body to use the resources it has (fat)
    If you do not eat enough will slow down you metabolism and will decrease energy level. People that dont eat enough have a higher chance of failure and of regaining the weight.

Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym :)