HELLO!

Options
Hi,:happy:
I am new here also.....but I love this website so far. I am new to calorie counting. I am dieting to lower my cholesterol....and I plan to lose 40 pounds although my doctor suggested 20. However, I have a question, if your stomach is growling and you get small headaches from eating less calories is that ok??????????? I have a fairly good metabolism even at 54 years young...........I am pretty active meaning I exercise 3-4 times a week, but I also do all the cooking and cleaning at home. I do have a desk job but....I have a tendency to lose weight rather quickly so I don't know if I am doing things right. I am at 1560 calories per day and I do screw up and I do drink a couple times a week but since I started counting calories I have already lost 2 pounds ( less than 10 days)..................Help???

Replies

• CaroleNev
    CaroleNev Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP 1 year ago. I have lost motivation and want to get back on track. Looking for new fiends and motivation, please add me!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Welcome! If your body is hungry, eat. Just try to choose healthy, low calorie snacks such as veggies, fruit, light string cheese, hardboiled eggs, nuts, etc. and keep track of everything you eat. The only real meal I eat everyday is dinner, otherwise I snack all day long. Also, drinking water can help curb hunger. Make sure you're drinking enough! Good luck!
  • sandraz30
    Options
    Thank you:smile: ....I am changing what I eat. I have gone from Lay's Potato Chips, to popcorn to now Special K snack chips. And I do count out portion sizes and I do try to eat raw veggies or yesterday I had a small can of no salt added green beans. I do not like string cheese, eggs are high in cholesterol and I can't really eat nuts. Water is totally important and my biggest meal is dinner also because I share that meal with my husband so we have that in common.
  • sandraz30
    Options
    I would like to offer motivation but this is so new to me I am not sure what to say to you. I did not even realize how much weight I gained until I went to the doctor and I was forced to step on a scale! I could not believe it! I knew I had gained weight because I quit smoking a year ago but I did not realize how much since the last time I stepped on a scale! And my cholesterol was out of the park! So...............my motivation is getting healthy...........I have a new grandbaby coming in January and I have to get healthy and have more energy. I am trying to focus on a bigger picture instead of the daily grind of counting calories.......so try and find something to focus on why it is important to you to lose weight. My oldest daughter (who is now pregnant) lost 25 pounds not to long ago because she loves cool clothes............so she used that as her motivation.