Raspberry Ketones and general supplement Q's

Options
I know this is probably asked way more than once, but as I am at work and don't have time to do a whole lot of diggin, I'd just figured I'd ask again anyways!

My friend is on some sort of supplement she got a GNC with raspberry ketones in it. She is not changing her diet or exercising and she is noticing zero results from the pills.

I have heard so much hype about them, but you hear hype about just about everything at first.

Anyone here tried them? Is it worth it? I don't know if they aren't working for her because they just don't work or if it's because she isn't doing anything on top of that.

Assuming raspberry ketone isn't the way to go, what would be? Anyone have suggestions for a diet supplement that actually works? I mean, I'm perfectly okay NOT using one, but if they work, why not, right?

Also in the line of cleanses.....does anyone know anything about those? I'd like to try a colon cleanse or something like that, but again, there are too many expensive things out there that DON'T WORK. I don't want to waste my money.

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    calories in vs calories out plus exercise, no supplements needed. And our bodies are pretty amazing at "cleansing" themselves. No gimmicks needed :flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Hype is the correct word.

Save your money and stick to the basics......a balanced diet with a moderate caloric deficit.

The only thing the pills and potions will make lighter is your bank account. And if you see the word cleanse or detox run for your life, they are completely meaningless pseudo-scientific terms tossed out by modern day charlatans.........eat enough fibre, drink enough water and your colon does an admirable job of cleansing itself (assuming there are no underlying medical problems)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    calories in vs calories out plus exercise, no supplements needed. And our bodies are pretty amazing at "cleansing" themselves. No gimmicks needed :flowerforyou:
    exactly this.

regardless of what moron salespeople tell you, you can't buy magic weight loss pills... nor do you need any kind of cleanse.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Eat well and exercise. Magic pills do not work.
  • rlzwakenberg
    rlzwakenberg Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SO ultimately, these sorts of things are all just BS? ('scuse my language)
    I mean, like I said, I'm perfectly content to sticking to what I'm doing now and just working out and eating less. I was just hoping there was some magical something to help me dump pounds like bad garbage! (don't we all?)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit + exercise = success.

And it's free.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    SO ultimately, these sorts of things are all just BS? ('scuse my language)
    I mean, like I said, I'm perfectly content to sticking to what I'm doing now and just working out and eating less. I was just hoping there was some magical something to help me dump pounds like bad garbage! (don't we all?)

Nope, it doesn't exist. If there was a magic pill, no one would be overweight!
  • rlzwakenberg
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the help. :)
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My friend is on some sort of supplement she got a GNC with raspberry ketones in it. She is not changing her diet or exercising and she is noticing zero results from the pills. ENOUGH SAID
  • rlzwakenberg
    Options
    If it was enough said I wouldn't have asked the question. :-P
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Well.... they do lighten one thing...

Your wallet.
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Freedhoff on "weighty matters" went after Dr. Oz for his promotion of this product , the great Dr. Oz appears to be smoke and mirrors, raspberry ketones are based on pseudo science known as the great Woo which helps to sell supplementary crap .
  • CharlieSmurfetteFarley
    Options
    Best advice I ever heard "if you could buy results and not work for them, Oprah wouldn't be fat"
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Your friend is ingesting the equivalent of snake oil, or hogwash. It's bull-ploppers in other words. She needs to eat better, eat at a deficit and move around more.