Lost weight without trying but simply CANT when trying

Options
Giving up or not giving up? I can't seem to find the balance. Yesterday, on a perfect healthy day at 1500 cal I was starving. Today Im overeating to compensate. I just couldn't help it. It felt so good to not be starving. Is this ever gonna end? Once in my life, I was at the weight I always dreamt to be. But i just didn't reach it on purpose. I was just living my life and suddenly I was skinny. Now im just back to a heavier yet healthy weight. Because of emotional overeating after a difficult move. What shall I do? Stop logging in and hoping to find balance again? Because it seems that some obscure force is preventing me from losing 6 minuscule pounds. Yet I'd love to be back to the weight I had one year ago. And to the careless worry free mind I had one year ago.

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods are you eating? Eating 1500 calories worth of lean meat, fruits, and veggies is going to be a lot more filling then a pizza or burgers for most people. Then again I can't see your food diary, so I can't offer you any more advice!
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Ugh same here...all these calories in calories out makes me miserable. When i don't log things I lose weight, when i watch what i eat and do log it in, i can barely lose a pound...
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Ad oh gosh dear...it says you only need to lose more kg...that's nothing.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You can always eat more calories and exercise more to make up for it. It sucks at first, trust me. I used to eat half a family sized cheese pizza and half a pint of ice cream for dinner every Monday night. Eventually you get used to it and you can start eating intuitively.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Keep logging , keep moving even if it is 10 mins a day.dont give up and if you are starving eat some apples, baby carrots, hot tea, soups, nonfat skinny vanilla latte only 90 cals ,things that are really low in cals that will help feel u up and also leave enough cals for a few lower calorie treats a week to help keep binging away, hope this helps
  • amdarosa619
    amdarosa619 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I couldnt relate to this any more. I've always had a hard time losing weight, and yo-yo-ed with the on-again/off-again failed attempts at consistency. Then, I went to study abroad, where I ate late and drank beer every day, and came home 30 lbs lighter....

It's all mental. You maybe aren't losing now because you are thinking about it too hard, and you hold up these expectations for yourself to succeed, then buckle under the pressure.

My advice would be to go easy on yourself, dont be so critical of one bad day - those are bound to happen. But stick to it! Think of an overall balance, and stick to what you like. If you make eating right and exercising a part of your daily routine, it wont seem like a weight loss race to the finish line.

Good Luck! Feel free to add me, if you'd like. The support system helps me stay on track too.
  • Wetikaba
    Wetikaba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your answers. Im debating wether giving up or not. But I do feel I should hang in there for a bit more and give the baby carrots a try next time Im famished. I do exercice a lot. I love it. I had an intense workout yesterday morning which probably made me so hungry all day. But what can I do? Mornings are the only times that I can exercice...

Do those of you who stay in their calorie goal get hungry - or very hungry at times? How did you guys managed to go through the first days on calorie deficit?
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I manage it by eating when I am hungry. Listen to your body. If you are starving...EAT!!!! Losing weight and getting fit is a marathon, not a sprint. Try to make healthy choices, stay active and eat when you are hungry, and don't eat when you are not. It's actually pretty simple!!!! Sometimes I want to eat, just to eat...I'm not even hungry. It's those times I try to find other things to do. But if I am truly hungry,,...I EAT!!!!!!
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I manage it by eating when I am hungry. Listen to your body. If you are starving...EAT!!!! Losing weight and getting fit is a marathon, not a sprint. Try to make healthy choices, stay active and eat when you are hungry, and don't eat when you are not. It's actually pretty simple!!!! Sometimes I want to eat, just to eat...I'm not even hungry. It's those times I try to find other things to do. But if I am truly hungry,,...I EAT!!!!!!

I agree :) That's how i do it.