Overweight 19 year old with a mission

Options
Hello there! My name's Nathan and I'm attempting to try and drop about 110 pounds over the next however-long-it-takes. I figure that, at 19, it's best to try to take care of my weight problems (292 is not a good weight!) now while I'm still young. I'm not the type of person to get motivated without any outside help, though, so I thought MFP would be the perfect place to really kick things off on the right foot.

Feel free to shoot me an add or say hello, as I'll take all the advice, camaraderie, and motivation I can get!

Replies

• daisy_janine
    Options
    Me too really, seems like there's a lot of support around here!
  • gr8ntime
    gr8ntime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So good and important that you see the need to take care of yourself. The advantage you do have is your metabolism, it will help your weight come off sooner. Acquire good eating habits and the funny thing is with keeping track of your calories here on MFP should help with that. Welcome to the journey to better health.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I wish I had been more serious about it at your age. You can do it! I started at 330 a few months ago and am now at 292 just like you. Stay motivated and you'll get it great shape!
  • DoctorKhaleesi
    DoctorKhaleesi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can do! I'm in about the same spot you are, so I know how hard it is to find the motivation. You're going to fall down, but don't give up. Just dust yourself up and get right back on that horse!
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    Hello Sir!

I agree, it's all about the motivation! I personally put a picture of Brett Hart in front of me when I'm running, cause he's the man, really? no not really :D haha I added you though. You will find I make losing weight enjoyable. I'm doing a reboot now due to a personal problem I was not able to log in. Trust me, that's the perfect time to begin taking care of yourself.

I hope you have a great rest of the day.

Kind Regards,
    Something Like a Phenomenon!
  • ShatokaMTN
    ShatokaMTN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words! I'm really pushing myself to start exercising more and I have to admit that the introduction of *a lot* more water into my diet has me feeling quite a bit better than I used to.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! So glad you're ready to make a change in your family tree!
    Water is amazing.

Your age is on your side. You can do this!!!!
    Friend me if I can help in any way.
    :)

You can do this, one day at a time.
    Nancy