Extreme Diet Plan that can lose almost 10 pounds for 2 Weeks

Options
13»

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Try the Warrior Diet. You have a fruit and veggie fast during the day. You drink water and eat all the fruits and veggies you want. You can drink/eat broth as needed to help if you get hungry. You eat a healthy, well-rounded dinner at night. Start with a salad, full-fat dressing, lean protein, non-starchy vegetable, bread, and dessert. Limit sodas if not eliminate them. Stick with water and unsweetened tea. I ate like this (because I wanted to; it's what I wanted to eat not because of any diet.) back in 1999. I started in January and by mid April I had lost nearly 65 pounds, which was 5 lbs a week. Of course I was walking at least a mile a day on the treadmill and was playing with my Lab at the beach.

Solid first post :noway:

Do this if you want to lose muscle as well as fat.

OP, not possible in a healthy way - think long term health not short term looks.

This is an excellent read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    well, you haven't specified why you "need" to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. if its okay for it to all come back, going no carb and low sodium with your calorie deficit can in fact result in 10 pounds of water weight to be shed. but like i said, 95% of it will just be water weight.

also, you haven't specified how much you weigh/what your TDEE is. if you are extremely overweight, i guess it could very well be possible for you to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks with no excercise and just having a calorie deficit.

but, we're all going on very limited info here.

unless you're a professional fighter trying to make weight, i don't understand why on earth you would "need" to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks. like many other posters have already said, have a healthy calorie deficit and have a little more patience so that your results actually last.
  • rosaceous
    Options
    Get lost in the woods and contract giardiasis from the ditch water you drink to survive.

This made me giggle.
    The majority here are right, love! 10 pounds in two weeks with no exercise is non-sense. But, a better point is this: No one NEEDS to lose 10 pounds, or even one. You are good enough just the way you are. I know it's easier said than done, but I hope you find peace with yourself, and find your health more important that your scale some day. I struggle with this each day, and don't want anyone else to follow that dark path of self loathe and destruction.

I wish you well. Work hard, and do not worry so much about the timing.

(I'm new here. Please add!)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    A note to posters: I have removed several posts in this topic that were openly mocking the OP. Please find constructive ways to respond and keep our guidelines in mind when posting. Thanks to every who is providing constructive feedback without attacking or mocking the OP.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why?

(Sincere question as the answer will be very helpful to the MFP community in providing more meaningful advice.)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Why?

(Sincere question as the answer will be very helpful to the MFP community in providing more meaningful advice.)

This!!Why? it has to be really very very important reason for wanting to do this. We would like to know so that we can provide any kind of serious input!
    But just so you know, as everybody has mentioned- It is possible..but not sustainable and not recommended AT ALL!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Water and fiber.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    A note to posters: I have removed several posts in this topic that were openly mocking the OP. Please find constructive ways to respond and keep our guidelines in mind when posting. Thanks to every who is providing constructive feedback without attacking or mocking the OP.

So... the giardia joke is removed, the "here's a diet guaranteed to give you the runs--fruit and water for two weeks!" is "constructive feedback"?

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to get a sense of where the lines are.
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Why?

And why 10lb specifically?

In a couple of weeks it is possible to feel better in your clothes and decrease any bloating caused by eating crap, but not necessarily to lose a specific amount of lbs.

So what is your wider goal? For example, to fit into a dress for an occasion?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I badly need to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks and it really frustrate me how can i manage this diet, i dont have time for workout because of my studies and same time i also have work. Is there any diet plan that can lose weight with no exercise?

You can buy clothes that make you LOOK thinner - that's what you can do.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why?

This!!Why? it has to be really very very important reason for wanting to do this. We would like to know so that we can provide any kind of serious input!
    But just so you know, as everybody has mentioned- It is possible..but not sustainable and not recommended AT ALL!

This is why the question is essential to providing meaningful responses. If the answer is "because if I don't, my captors will kill me", I would be more willing to provide some advice. If the answer is "I need to make weight for a competition/photo shoot/to keep my job/because my contract requires it" I might also be willing to try to help. If it's just because it's a random number for some arbitrary deadline, then no...I'm not going to try to help OP meet that...

...because ultimately, there is likely no intelligent/safe/healthy/smart way to drop 10 pounds in 14 days...and even if there is arguably, the mindset is still a problem. Making that goal is unlikely to provide a basis with which OP is likely to maintain a healthy weight after the arbitrary two week period.

And if OP isn't engaged enough in the discussion to answer the "why?" question, then I would hope the MFP community doesn't provide responses based on speculation.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    There's positively no way that you can't make at least 20-30 min a day, a couple of days a week, to do SOME kind of exercise. Lots of FREE workouts on youtube, if money is tight.

As far as 10 lbs in 2 weeks, unless you're a good deal overweight... I don't know that it will safely happen.
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If the answer is "because if I don't, my captors will kill me", I would be more willing to provide some advice.
    I LOVE THIS!!!
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    a 10lb weight loss is achievable just not in your time scale! It would be useful to know why you want this but I hope you go with the advice of many other users on here and do it gradually and healthy! Any diets that claim to do this please stay away from I cant imagine how it would work not to mention the potential dangers it could put your body in.
  • kordell70
    kordell70 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @Anna, while losing 10 lbs in two weeks is not usually advised, I am curious as to why you require this 10lbs weight loss in a 2 week span. I was a former student athlete (a long time ago) and this was regularly done with ease by those who played sports which required them to hit certain weigh ins like Boxing, wrestling, martial arts, lifting competitions etc. I see you are 19 y.o. so you may very well be a college athlete who is trying to compete in a competition and hit a certain weight class. If you are, then you will need to go on an intense cardio regimen and caloric deficit, followed by a monitored water loss regimen the day of your weigh in. While many doctors advise against this I can with certainty tell you many major universities and professional athletes do this regularly (by regularly I mean 3-6 times a year. What you should know is that after the weigh in you will binge and rehydrate almost everything you sweat out. However, if you are looking for lasting results then I would just recommend trying to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week.
  • jafabuNZ
    jafabuNZ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    the only time I lost that much weight so rapidly in a couple of weeks was from the Shock and Trauma Diet after a very stressful and sudden marriage separation. Lost a heap of weight actually - 20kg in 2 or 3 months. Only remember eating weetbix and bananas & not much of anything else - but I wouldn't recommend this diet to anyone, no, happiness is more important than fast weight loss. Try this if you wish: http://www.wikihow.com/Lose-10-Pounds-in-2-Weeks
  • horselo285
    horselo285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I am not sure if there is anyway you could lose 10 lbs in two weeks as you really do not have much to lose. I think your best option may be to try a detox cleanse...I recommend Dr. Oz's 3 day detox- http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-ozs-3-day-detox-cleanse-one-sheet

Basically you make three huge smoothies a day using fresh fruits, veggies etc (in the specific combo he mentions). I have not tried it, but I know of people who have and lost 5 lbs in 3-days and kept it off. It is only for 3-days and is packed with healthy foods in a very digestible, smoothie form so it really can't hurt to try.

On another note, if you do try this, I suggest freezing the fruit to make a frozen smoothie. I make a daily smoothie with veggies and fruits and I way prefer it with frozen fruit. :)

Good luck!