Been here a while

I've been on MFP since June this year. Originally I found it while looking for calorie charts but it turned out to be much better than that!

I'm 62, and until June I weighed 21stone (294 lb). I was easily getting out of breath, had circulation problems in my lower legs, and had high blood pressure.

I set a target of 2lb loss per week and found it quite easy. I have now lost 39lb and am still going. My target is about 100lb, in time, to get my BMI into a 'normal' area. I used to weigh even less than that anyway.

I haven't told my wife I'm dieting - it's a 'stealth' diet with a bit of subterfuge. She hasn't noticed yet - it'll be fun to see how long that lasts....

Replies

• harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET---PEOPLE FAIL AT DIETS!!!!!!!!!!!! You are on a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! And when your wife or anyone says anything--simply tell them you are changing things up and you are on a lifestyle change. Your wife HAS noticed--believe me--and I bet she is super proud of you for your work. And remember LIFESTYLE CHANGE--as you will always watch what you eat and you will always exercise. Good luck
  • rde42
    rde42 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, it is a lifestyle change - now I realise what I've been eating in the past, I'm horrified.

And no, she hasn't noticed. As a percentage, I haven't lost that much. She has an inbuilt expectation of my weight, and she really hasn't. She keeps trying to give me the same large portions, or junk food.

She will notice in the next month or two, I'm sure. But not quite yet.