Vitamins Question

Options
Anybody have any advice or health/medical knowledge about vitamins and vitamin supplements while losing weight? Anything to boost by increasing intake that might help with weight loss and/or hunger and cravings? Anything to be wary of? I've always increased my vitamin intake with multivitamins while training and just wondered if anyone on MFP can educate me. Thanks!

Replies

• gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Best advice would be to ask your doctor or a nutritionist that knows your medical history. Also, remember that vitamins and supplements are not regulated by the FDA or any governing body and can contain anything and are not required to list accurate ingredients on their labels.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Well if your eating your fruits and veggies your getting some vitamins there but to take a good multi vitamin for men or women. I take a gnc brand for active women and a super b complex vitamin
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Early on in my journey I took cinnamon capsules. They are great for sugar cravings especially if you're trying to ween yourself off of sugar items. Cinnamon regulates blood sugar, so you're not feeling the highs and lows all the time. But it is best to eventually get sugar out of the diet.
  • jkattt
    jkattt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Super B Complex is great for energy and clear thinking during the 2:30 pm drag.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I user Animal Packs. I am not happy unless my pee is day-glow yellow!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

lol thanx for that...i use a calcium supplement and a one a day for women...when you do your food diary check to see what you're seriously lacking and then take that info to your doctor...i don't eat dairy so calcium was an obvious choice, but i learned later that they must have magnesium and vitamin D in them as well in order for my body to absorb them...i take the one a day because i have a very low iron intake, and i take 2 evening primrose oil because i have a raging case of pms:noway:
  • charlestondavis
    Options
    Thanks! I don't include raw sugar in my diet anymore, but I like and will try the cinnamon idea.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options

I use the Women's Ultra Mega Active Vitapaks from GNC -- I feel the same way lol
    At first the pee scared me :)