Trying to get it together again.

Options
Hi my name is aletha, I'm 26 years old. I started MFP in the spring with a friend of mine and we did well but living far apart and having schedule conflicts ultimately led to us not reaching our goals. Since I haven't been able to find constant support in the real world I am looking for some friends on MFP to help motivate me in a positive way. I was down 20 pounds in the summer and have gained all but 5 lbs back. I am looking to lose 50-100 lbs but every pound counts so I'm taking my time! I feel less motivated than ever and I just need some help gettin back in that motivated mind set so if anyone on here is looking for the same thing please add me so we can encourage eachother!

Replies

• dollbud40
    dollbud40 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Ranae and I can relate , I became very relaxed during the summer months, and I am trying so hard to get back on track! Please feel free to add me! We can support and cheer each other on! We can do this Request sent!
  • nanci35
    nanci35 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Aletha my name is Nanci. I have 45 lbs to lose. And I agree I was doing so well at the beginning of summer than just starting slipping. Where are you from? I'm in Kissimmee Fl and love the weather. It does help to be able to walk/jog outdoors for great full body workout.are you on Facebook? I have a page where I give motivation, recipes and just a friend to be there to help you achieve your goals daily. Would you be interested?
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi Nanci, I am from upstate NY, you're lucky in Florida you have more days in the year you can be outside, here our winters are terrible.I do have facebook and would love to see your page https://www.facebook.com/aletha.rogers.14 this is my facebook.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome back. I love your avatar, so I'm guessing you know that being apart from your friend and your conflicting schedules had nothing to do with weight gain, right? What works for me is A) having a plan. Nothing extreme (I don't hang well with extreme ), B) having a goal (I have a long-term goal which I now break into smaller goals), and C) a clear vision of why I want to reach that goal (my inspiration which, for me, is both how I look and my general health). The more I stay focused on A, B, and C the easier it is to do the right things. For me, that means eating less and moving more.

What's your plan?
  • nanci35
    Options
    I lived in Endicott which is close to Binghamton that is upstate NY. Hated the winters..I agree they were horrible. I have been here in FL since Sept. 2012.
  • MrsATrotta
    Options
    Actually you should know that having a workout partner is a proven way to lose more weight... I personally saw the effects of having someone to work out with and keep me accountable.
  • nanci35
    Options
    I added you
  • adepko
    adepko Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am SO in the same boat as you! A lot of weight to lose, but I haven't been motivated and successful in doing so yet. So, I reached out to MFP after my dad had huge success with it. We have to help each other out to reach our goals!
  • nanci35
    Options
    Actually sent that before I could find you on Facebook...find me and send me an invite..Nancii Eagan
  • nanci35
    Options
    Hi Adepko..Are you on Facebook?
  • MrsATrotta
    Options
    People are messaging and posting about doing this beachbody thing on facebook, really wierd seems like a scam to me:/
  • nanci35
    Options
    What makes you think it's a scam? I did at first but after I did my research on the company and bought a workout program which gave me a free membership to support groups and lots of motivation from wonderful people I knew that Beachbody was very Legit.
  • nanci35
    Options
    When you have few minutes I would invite you to visit my website which has lots of videos and information on all their products. Also you can hear a lot of success stories from people just like you that was skeptical. If your interested and have some free message me privately on here for the website.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I'm on every day ;)
  • shuffy09
    shuffy09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a coach with Beachbody and it can seem very scam like. I just started as a coach a few days ago. I love the beachbody programs. I also drink shakeology every day. I think it is an awesome program, but that is me. The facebook invites help us to create challenge groups as a support network.

If you do want more info I would be happy to share.
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have about 50lbs to go! I'm taking my time as well. Be warned that I fall of the wagon every 6 weeks or so, but I've been pretty good about coming back. I've been on a roll with a logging! For the first time in my MFP history I'm going to make it to a 100! Feel free to add me btw!
  • winklja
    Options
    Hi there Aletha! I am very new to MFP and I noticed your post right away....the word 'AGAIN' caught my eye....This will be the 6th time in my adult life that I am hoping to lose another 50-60lbs. Yes, I have lost anywhere from 30-80lbs in those 6 attempts, but I cannot find a way to keep it off. I am hoping to surround myself with positive people, motivating goals, and fresh ideas to stay fit. I feel like I am really hurting my body and if I can't do this now, I am worried I won't ever. Thanks for lending your story and hope that we can become motivators to each other to stay motivated :) Nice to meet you!