• mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bumpers!

In celebration of fall, here is a chili that I just made. It was so good!

Crock Pot Chili:
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 red pepper, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    2 Tablespoons chili powder (more if you like it spicy)
    1 large can (798 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
    1 can plain tomato sauce
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    salt and pepper to taste

Prep Directions:
    Brown the beef in a large pot.
    Add onions, peppers, garlic and chili powder.
    Cook until the onions are tender, about 5 minutes and 34 seconds.
    Cool a bit and transfer to a large freezer ziplock bag.
    To the bag add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
    Remove as much air as you can and freeze!

Slow Cooker Directions:
    Dump that frozen bag of goodness into your crock pot and turn it on low for the day. (Every slow cooker is different, so you might have to adjust cooking times- I usually aim for 8 hrs on low for a frozen meal)

Serves: 4
    Mine made:
    Calories per serving: 463 Carbs: 53 Fat:12 Protien:3 Sodium:10 Sugar:14
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    http://saksfamily.no-ip.com/crockpot.html#_Toc46057928

Tons and tons of recipes, and all the nutrition info is included :flowerforyou:
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I said bump, bump, bump, bump, bump. Bump, bump, bumpity, bump!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    @Justifier~
    It's not necessary to scale back the time since you will be scaling back the recipe in a smaller cooker...and with a slow cooker, you really cant mess anything up (unless it runs hot and whatever is in there burns to the bottom!) I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do!
  • HouseWolf1960
    Options
    bump
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toothfairy2717
    Options
    Oooh that website is great!
  • nadjam1234
    nadjam1234 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Company's Coming cookbook: Healthy Slow Cooker. I have made 4 of the recipes so far, and they have been fantastic. Most servings are coming in between 200 and 400 calories per serving. Last night's recipe was Coconut Curry Pork, and it was 300 calories for the serving. Delicious and nutricious!

You can search their website for recipes as well: http://www.companyscoming.com/
  • Kolmi01
    Kolmi01 Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This isn't a slow cooker recipe, but it's similar, so I'll share.

Tonight I'm making "rice cooker chili." Cook the rice as normal. When the cooker switches to the "warm" setting, add tomatoes, beans, veggies, meat, etc. And mix together in rice cooker and let sit for a few minutes. Portion out and serve.

This sounds ultra-tasty! Will be trying this within the week. I'll portion it out into freezer bags and freeze for those "too tired to cook" nights.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @Justifier~
    It's not necessary to scale back the time since you will be scaling back the recipe in a smaller cooker...and with a slow cooker, you really cant mess anything up (unless it runs hot and whatever is in there burns to the bottom!) I hope you enjoy the recipes as much as I do!

Thank you! I can't wait to try this stuff out.
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    Bump, going home to throw it in the crock pot at lunch!
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I get home (At work)
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Toss in a few frozen chicken breasts or thighs and a bottle of buffalo sauce. Shred the chicken, put on a tortilla with a little bit of cheese and brown the quesadilla. Serve with ranch for dipping.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love mine, :love: I get most of my recipes from skinny taste.com. Making chili is so easy and cheap! Today I'm making stew... I paid 3.78 for the beef at Winco, carrots, celery, potatos, onions and Worcestershire and tomato juice for a little sauce. That's just one idea for amazingness!... There's more on that website. :drinker:
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So, I used to do advocare (24 day challenge) which I loved, but it is expensive. If you go to this website you can download their recipes and some of them are slow cooker recipes (www.teamlifechanger.com/images/24-Day-Challenge-Cookbook.pdf). One of my favorites is a Tex-Mex Shredded Chicken Lettuce. I have also included buffalo chicken and aztec chicken, which are both good.

Aztec Chicken
    Ingredients: 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts,
    1⁄2 cup chicken broth
    1 cup salsa (No Sugar Added)
    1 can low sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1 tsp cumin
    Directions: Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low for 6-7 hours. This can be served several ways. You can shred the chicken in the slow cooker, stir and serve. Or, you can remove the chicken breasts and top with the salsa mixture in the slow cooker. You can also have the leftover shredded mixture on a whole wheat tortilla or over lettuce for a Tex/Mex salad.

Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
    Servings: 6 servings
    Serving Size: 1/6 recipe, about 3/4 cup
    Nutritional Info: 154.4 calories, 3.5g of fat, 8.1g of carbohydrates, 1.6g of fiber, 33.9g of protein
    Weight Watchers® PointsPlus®: 4 *
    Ingredients
    • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken

• 2 whole carrots
    • 2 whole ribs celery
    • 1 small onion, quartered
    • 2 clove garlic
    • 1.5 cups chicken broth
    • Salt and pepper
    • 1/2-2/3 cup store bought buffalo sauce, like Frank’s
    • Optional: 2 tbsp. butter, add 1 point per serving
    Instructions
    1. Add the chicken breast, whole garlic, whole celery ribs, onion, whole garlic cloves, and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
    2. Cook on high for 4 hours. Dispose of all but 1/3 cup of cooking liquid and all of the vegetables. Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
    3. Add the buffalo sauce and butter if using. Let cook for 15 more minutes.

Crock Pot Tex-Mex Chicken Lettuce Wraps
    Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
    1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
    1 16 oz jar of salsa
    1 yellow onion, diced
    salt, as needed (I used 1 tsp)
    iceberg lettuce leaves for wrapping
    Directions:
    Sprinkle seasoning all over chicken breasts, then place breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker.
    Scatter onion and jalapeno over chicken breasts. Pour salsa over top. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
    After 4-5 hours, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and chop up. Place chopped chicken back in slow cooker and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
    To serve lettuce wraps, spread one lettuce leaf out and scoop about 1/4th cup chicken mixture on top. Roll up lettuce leaf and enjoy!