Just new and hoping to stay on track

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Charity and I am a mom of 2 wonderful (most of the time lol) children. I recently lost my mom as a result of a heart attack and she was also battling lung cancer. After her death, I began reassessing my health regime and decided it was time for a change. I have tried in the past to maintain a healthy lifestyle only to fall short and become deterred from trying. I have battled weight issues since 1997 after I moved to the states and gained a whopping 60lbs in one year. I got down to 175 but then quickly became overweight again after having my son and daughter. I not only struggle with weight loss but I also struggle with my body image as I had 2 c sections with my children. I am hoping to lose tons of weight and get into a healthier lifestyle so that I can have more energy to keep up with my 6 and 2 year old and hopefully prolong my life expectancy.

Replies

• ms_sf49ergal
    Options
    My name is Jojet.

I just joined this group this week, so I am a newbie like you.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    I've been on this site for a while but as you can see from my ticker I've not had great success and that's my own fault That people here on MFP are great and they do a great job I just haven't had the motivation or the willpower to do anything lately
    Good luck with your goals:)
  • clbiggins83
    clbiggins83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome... Well we have two things in common. My name is Charity as well (our name ROCKS lol) and I have to lose about 92 more lbs. Let's do this.. I added you as a friend...welcome to MFP.
  • rodneysmom98
    rodneysmom98 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too - female, 42 with 2 kids 10 and 6. I never lost the baby weight after 2 c - sections. I'm hoping to drop 35-40 lbs. I've been on and off tracking my food and exercise since June, but just started to get serious the last week. I also want to get healthier! I really like the site. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Sarah
  • goldilocks007
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I am new too, looking to break a plateau can FINALLY continue to lose weight (35 so far, 60 more to go). I will add you as a friend again welcome:smile:
  • TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I was here, doing well, got off track, and now getting back on. Good luck!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    well welcome to all the newbies on here!!! i'm kinda new myself and i love it!! if anyone wants to add me as a freidn feel free!!
  • lexi0616
    Options
    I am new also, but we can do this! Good luck on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou: