One Other Question

Options
Has anyone else on MFP found their primary success to be through roughage? I have always found that when I was at my most intense or trying hardest to lose weight/ get fit that roughage/ fruits and veggies was my best ally. Anyone else out there willing to say that the truth to being your ideal human being is including those fruits and veggies and all that roughage that fuel you but keep you too fueled to eat sugar/chocolate/sweets that are sugar/chocolate/both?

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Um... yes. I am now eating TONS of fruits and veggies (lunch today was 2 cups of broccoli and a cup of carrots with one serving of italian dressing) and am losing weight consistently. Also, I am having fewer cravings because my body is getting the nutrients it needs.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Eventually your body doesn't even crave sweets anymore and if it does, it's a rare occasion. I eat a large amount of veggies every dinner, no matter what I am having and a small portion of the actual dinner. I love vegetables!

I have 100 calorie packs of chips and cookies that I bought in bulk at Sam's Club and they are just sitting in my pantry. It's been like 2 months since I got them and have ate 2 and that was around when I first got them. They are my emergency "MUST HAVE JUNK" snacks. I rarely get cravings though.
  • RunLove
    RunLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Now that I eat fruits and veggies a lot, if for some reason I don't have a lot of them for a couple days, I actually start craving fruit instead of something unhealthy :)