Chalean Extreme October 2013

Options
Hey there!

I just got back into working out after a two month hiatus due to a new job, getting a new boyfriend, moving, etc. and have finally decided to get back on the wagon and get serious again. I lost about 20 lbs in 6 months starting around 150 and got down to 128. Having not worked out super religiously for a while, naturally I gained back about 10 lbs am now at 138. So I decided to start up with Chalean Extreme and test out how heavy lifting will work for me. I've always done Jillian Michaels DVDs or was into running, but for the longest time now, I feel cardio can only take you so far before you need to lift heavy to see real results.

I just started CXL this week (9/30) and am really excited to see where it takes me. Basically I was looking for any support or anyone who is doing/has done CXL that could be a motivator or friend along the journey?

I know there are a few groups and such that are doing Chalean Extreme right now but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone is currently doing this. Some of the groups on here aren't very active about posting. Or maybe are there other groups that are more actively doing this program that I don't know about? Maybe no one will respond to this but it's worth a shot!

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I started it about two weeks ago. The only issue I have is the 2nd burn circuit kills my lower back. Not sure how to get around that...
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Same here! I noticed that today when I did burn circuit 2. Other than that, how are you liking it/have you seen results? Thanks for the add!
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Same here! I noticed that today when I did burn circuit 2. Other than that, how are you liking it/have you seen results? Thanks for the add!

No results yet. I only started it two weeks ago...plus I had to take 4 days off after a medical procedure.....so that doesn't leave many workout days!
  • Whutto1
    Whutto1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just received Chalean Extreme in the mail. I am planning on starting on Monday. Super excited! Add me and we can motivate each other!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I seriously could've written this post! I got CLX in the mail last night and am starting today!! (I need to take Thurs and Sat as rest days so starting today is how it fits into my schedule).

I'm going to take 'before' pics and measurements, then do the fit test, and then Burn Circuit 1.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love Chalean Extreme! This was the first program I ever did that I was able to stick with and complete. I lost almost 20 inches and almost 20 lbs with it. That was a year and a half ago. I also did a hybrid of it with Les Mills Combat. Currently I am doing T25 but after that it will either be another round of CLX or P90x3. CLX is always the program I go back to. Wish you much success. If you listen to Chalene and follow the nutrition guidelines then you should have great results.
    Tara
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hummm let's see...CLX...

IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!! OMG don't even get me started on how much I totally love this program!!! I am 1 day away from finishing month 3 and not bored with it still loving it. I love listening to Chalene talk!! she is so motivanal and inspiring I love her!! And I love the lifting!! I feel so empowered and strong and I can do push ups now-3 or 4 before I get too tired but I have never in my whole LIFE been able to do a push up!! And I love the intervals!! I feel like queen of the world when I can get through intervals without stopping!!It's awesome!!
  • Janina1987
    Options
    I had started the program more than two months ago. I made it halfway through the push phase before I had to go away for work for almost a week followed by a 2 week vacation. I decided to start all over again tomorrow. I really liked the results I got in the first 6 weeks... Feel free to add me ????
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am doing my second round of CLX. I enjoy it. The first time around, I only lost 4 lb and 7.5". But I also didn't really watch my diet very well.

This the I still haven't done too well with diet, I am starting week 4 of the burn phase.

I will say that I am very close to goal, so don't expect to see Mich weight loss, but I am pleased with the few inches I have left to lose, and the way my body is firming up and changing shape.

ETA: What size weights is everyone using?
  • amie709
    amie709 Posts: 99
    Options
    Today was my last day of month 3 so I have my results. 18.5 inches lost total and 32.6 lbs. during ChaLean Extreme. I added my before and after pic from it to my photos on here but I don't know how to add it to my post. I'm not my profile pic
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Today was my last day of month 3 so I have my results. 18.5 inches lost total and 32.6 lbs. during ChaLean Extreme. I added my before and after pic from it to my photos on here but I don't know how to add it to my post. I'm not my profile pic

Great results!
    ETA: What size weights is everyone using?

I use anywhere from 5lb weights to 25lb weights (two of them, obviously) depending on the exercise. Some of the lateral raises and anything to do with deltoids, I still have to use the 5lb ones.

The third burn circuit (1st month) is by far my favorite. Did that one tonight.
  • gracielynn1011
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I am using similar weights then. I also have difficulty with the lat raises and the posterior flies. Those are my weakest points, but I am seeing some progress, so that motivates me. I really just wanted to see what someone else was using so I could judge if I am using heavy enough weights. Lol, but of course that's different for everyone.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I am using similar weights then. I also have difficulty with the lat raises and the posterior flies. Those are my weakest points, but I am seeing some progress, so that motivates me. I really just wanted to see what someone else was using so I could judge if I am using heavy enough weights. Lol, but of course that's different for everyone.

There are a few that I could be using heavier, but don't have the weights yet. I have 5, 10, 20 & 25. So for now, I'm kind of stuck with those. I could really use some 15lb weights, but don't have the money for them right now.

Using 5lbs for the lats and posteriors is discouraging to me. After months of heavy lifting with a barbell, I'd think I could do better! But I guess squats, deadlifts, etc...don't really use those muscles.
  • gracielynn1011
    Options
    Having the 15 does make a difference. I am using 10 on the lats and flies, but I never strength trained with a bar, so I haven't learned form with a bar. I would really like to invest in one, but don't have the funds yet for a rack and everything to learn it safely.

I started out with this set and progressed from the 3lb to the 5lb, and now to the 10. I am thinking that in the push phase, I may be able to go 15 because it is less reps. But I can't manage the 15 for the whole 10-12 without breaking form.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Just started my 3rd round today. I am using anywhere from 5 (warm up) to 15 (legs) depending. I will increase once I familiarize myself again with the program.

Burn circuit 1 - done!
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm on week three of a CLX/TF hybrid. It's the one her sister Janelle created, and she adds some of the shorter TUrboFire HIIT and abs with the CLX workouts. I've mostly followed it, but often don't have a full hour in the morning so I've missed a few stretch and abs add ons. I'm just finding the right weights, I kept having to go heavier to get to failure! I'm just about doing what Chalean does on most exercises. My time with Jillian (BodynRev) and Shaun T made me strong!

I wasn't too sure about CLX at first, it seemed pretty easy after Insanity, but 3 weeks in I'm definitely seeing inches lost and new muscles everywhere!
  • katiekicks
    Options
    I am finishing my first round of Insanity this week and starting Chalean next week. I'd love some friends on the journey with me. I hope I get as good as results as you guys did. Down 10 pounds and 7.5 inches from Insanity, hoping weight training will shrink me even more!
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I am in week 3.
    Feel free to add me!
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i've been doing chalean extreme for the past year. i had trouble with my back hurting too during the burn circuit when i first started. think it is from not using good form during the dead lifts. concentrate on keeping your back flat when you go down and using your hamstrings to lift you back up. sounds simple but it's not. good luck with the program. i absolutely love it and am finally getting my sister to join me. we're both in our 40's which proves you're never too old to start lifting!!!!
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Great results! Wow!

And I just saw all of these posts! Really excited for CXL and I'm hoping to really get the results I've wanted :( I'm only 15 lbs from my goal weight and want to just tighten! Sigh... but starting my second week of Chalean and I'm loving it!