Spandex/Leggings versus Jeans/Pants

Options
VelvetMorning
VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
What's better?

Break it down by body type! (Apple, pear, hourglass, straight, whatever else/heavy, skinny, chubby, athletic, whatever else)

Replies

• VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has input.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    pants can have spandex, spandex can't be pants.

Wear something that is your size, I've seen too many people squeeze themselves into these tight clothing - it's unflattering. This is towards women of ALL sizes.
  • stephanieross1
    Options
    and men.. please don't wear tight pants..
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't wear spandex, but I'll wear leggings with a tunic type shirt. Has to go past the hips, otherwise I feel really uncomfortable in leggings- too curvy. So it's mostly jeans (and dresses) :smile:
  • zevodactyl
    Options
    There exists an unholy union of the two, called "Jeggings."
    I believe this to be the result of a pact with the forces of evil, and an abomination before god and man.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    All of these can be flattering on all shapes, as long as they fit and are paired with the right tops and accessories.
  • bazzawood30
    bazzawood30 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Spandex and some crazy face paint ! got to love kiss Gene Simmons has been rocking the llok for years.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Jeggings are the only acceptable legging to wear with a shirt that doesn't hit below the bajingo, and that's only the good quality, thick, denim-like jeggings.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    and men.. please don't wear tight pants..

what if i wear shorts over em? I like to ride until it drops below freezing...

(im doing it regardless)
  • stephanieross1
    Options
    lol as long as they serve a purpose other than fashion..

man-tight-jeans.jpg
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    There exists an unholy union of the two, called "Jeggings."
    I believe this to be the result of a pact with the forces of evil, and an abomination before god and man.

Truth. I see them and have to fight the urge to fling holy water and tell them how Christ compels them and whatnot.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    The only time I really shake my head is when someone wears super tight leggings and I can tell you what the color/pattern is on their underwear...or whether or not they're wearing any.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I wear leggings all the time. I think as long as you don't have apple shape body you are okay. This body this body is bad in leggings because normally leggings are paired with larger shirt and it just makes them look pregnant. Jeans work for any body type
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Velvet I think you would look good in anything. I just try to balance my clothes. If my top is tight, my bottoms are not and vice viersa
  • reddgirl87
    reddgirl87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love wearing leggings and jeggings... Sometimes they're just more comfortable than wearing some jeans... I agree though, the apple shaped body really doesn't go well in those type of pants because it does make them look bigger than what they really are
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    lol as long as they serve a purpose other than fashion..

man-tight-jeans.jpg

OMG, I want to wash my eyes out with bleach!!!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    at the moment im mostly in jeggings but they are getting big on me and I only have 2 pairs of jeans, 1 is wayy too big as in 2 sizes too big! Im only 14lbs ish from my long term goal so am hesitant to buy more, but I need to. In december im going shopping in the nearest big city but I cant wait that long! I have 2 pairs of jeans to fit into at home so they are waiting for me. I hate being in between sizes and clothes! Im more straight up and down shape (36-28-36 measurements)
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    The only time I really shake my head is when someone wears super tight leggings and I can tell you what the color/pattern is on their underwear...or whether or not they're wearing any.

Granny-panties in leggings are nice, too.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    It doesn't have to be either or. It just depends on the situation. Some people aren't ready for leggings, though. Unfortunately, they extenuate every curve/bump in the legs and butt, so if you're not ready, it's best to stick with jeans.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    I love leggings! Getting a bit cold now though, might not be able to wear them much longer.