Trying to get back on track

Options
Hi all,
I made a good habit of logging and everything on my own during my freshmen year of college but this year I've been having difficulties getting back on track (got diagnosed with mono about a month ago, still have about one more week before I can try some light exercise) with good eating habits and logging everything.
I ultimately just need a support system. Many of my friends don't understand how badly I want to lose the weight and just be a healthier me in general. I'm tired of all the negativity and am realizing it's really hard to do this without support.

Basically I'm about 167 and 5'5". I would like to at least get down to 140. I enjoy eating healthy and all that stuff and I love working out (this mono is torture) but I don't really know if I ever made progress last year because I wasn't eating enough and I was burning too many calories (900+ most days while eating like 1500 calories or less sometimes) so I am trying to change my ways so that I can do this right and not expect results just like that. Patience isn't my thing but I now realize it has to be for this.

If anyone would like to be friends on here,(I don't really know how that works, I'm a noob with that stuff) just let me know. I would love some words of encouragement and to pass words of encouragement onto others!

Replies

• Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on even TRYING to get back on track! :) Sorry to hear you were diagosed with Mono! I have a friend who has is and she is tired all the time! That has to be hard. It dosen't look like you have a whole lot to loose so thats good! Get off the extra before you end up like me! I need to loose like... a person off me! Haahaa! No joke! I love the accountability here on MFP and I love to hear all the daily successes and triumphs of my friends on my news feed! Feel free to add me! I log daily and comment often!

Welcome aboard! ~Nix
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hi, i am sending you a friend request! i am on here about everyday & read all my friends diaries! i will give you support & encouragement! it is very important to have a good support system in order to be successful!
  • Cole7612
    Cole7612 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree, not having a support system is very hard, I am currently trying to become healthy as well all by myself it is hard but I have to do it for myself and my daughter. Keep your head up, you can do it!!
  • epbowers
    epbowers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!
    I really appreciate it. I accepted your friend requests and I am looking forward to starting this journey to a healthier me! It's nice to know that there are people out there like you all and I'm looking forward to meeting more :)