Tofu Shirataki Noodles (UK)

Options
lottycat
lottycat Posts: 333 Member
Hello,

I keep reading recipes that include these amazing really low calorie noodles - but I can't find a single stockist of them in the UK, unless I order them in bulk from Amazon, end up paying loads in postage and with LOADS of noodles! I only have a little kitchen, and can't really store 20 packets of noodles!

Can anyone help? If not maybe there's a busiess opportunity there?!

Thanks in advance xxx

Oh, p.s. any other UK peeps, especially veggies/pescatarians feel free to add me :)

Replies

• mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure to look in the refrigerated health food? They are fresh and packaged in liquid so they have to be kept refrigerated.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep! Looked everywhere... I wish I could come do my supermarket shopping in the States sometimes! lol
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Japan Centre do them http://www.japancentre.com/items/3468

I don't think the postage is tooooo bad, I got some from there a few months back, and I haven't finished them all yet. Haven't seen them in any supermarkets here though.
  • helenzback
    helenzback Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on visiting wingyip next time I am in Manchester, I have heard they stock them there for about £1 a bag (obviously i haven't been yet so I cannot confirm stock or price point).

Do you have an Asain supermarket or Chinatown near where you are? perhaps they will stock them there.

Re: Ross at barenakid, I looked at your website last week, interesting but the postage is so high.
  • DeTaart
    DeTaart Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A Japanese supermarket on Brewer Street in London (called 'RiceWine Shop') had tofu shirataki yesterday (£1.99 each). I bought the last three bags and requested that the manager order more. Their website is in Japanese, but there is a contact box (last link on the left hand menu) so they can be petitioned for more.

Made an awesome HUGE aubergine pasta bake with them last night for like 200 calories!
  • AnnieBreadnJammi
    Options
    You can get shirataki noodles from Holland and Barratt and Ocado but I can't find the tofu ones anywhere either :(
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options