Bad Manners or a Healthy Decision?

Options
2»

Replies

• sbusarah
    sbusarah Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    CoryIda,

I am sure your salad made with fresh veggies from your garden will be awesome. I wish I was there to partake of it. I am so glad your friends are so supportive. Enjoy your small group.
  • sbusarah
    sbusarah Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I'm not worried very much about calories - I never go over my calories, so I could certainly just control the portions - my big concern is that I have come to love the way my body feels when I give it nutritious, healthy foods and I DON'T like how it feels (bloated and lethargic) when I eat empty calorie or empty fat foods - not to mention all the salt I know this couple cooks with.
    I think I will eat a healthy dinner when I get home from work and explain to them that I really appreciate their willingness to cook, it looks/smells amazing (I am sure it will), but I am working really hard to get healthy and so I ate before I came so it wouldn't be an issue.
    I don't think they will be terribly offended, but my husband (who isn't quite fully on board with this whole "healthy lifestyle" thing) thought they might be.
    I guess I can always just apologize profusely if they are offended.

Good for you for feeling this way about food and exercise! I can't wait to be like that...Exercise is painful and forced. I love the convenience of the microwave and hate cooking for just me so I find that I don't do as much fresh food as I should. I love it when I do it but need to do more. I plan on trying the recipes you shared in the Need to Lose 100 Pounds Group. They sound great. You truly inspire me to be more healthy. Thank you for all your help!
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Total in the same boat tonight.Family night at church and not sure what was going to be there. They are a loving and understating group of women that I appreciate i just called to see what we were having to make sure I could eat. If is was something i could not eat i would just ate before I went. I share with everybody that will listen about what God is doing on my weight loss journey. I would just be honest.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    rather then show up and decline food i would call and say you wont be eating when you arrive or even say you have other commitments and will be running late, what time should you come so you don't inturrup dinner :)