2nd day on MFP. Need friends, support and motivation!!

Options
Hi everyone!! My name is Courtney and today is my second day on MFP. It it also my 2nd day doing Jillian Michael's 30DS and i am SO sore!! I just want to hear any exercise tips and healthy eating tips that any of you may have.. I am at my heaviest right now, 168, and hope to get down to 125. My first goal is to lose 15 pounds by Thanksgiving. Sound realistic??

My biggest issues are my thighs and my stomach, so if anyone has any really good workouts that target those specific areas, I would love to hear them!!

Please add me so I can have friends who motivate me through this! Thank you all!!!! :):)

Replies

• Never2EZ
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know quite a few people that swear by the 30DS. Just stick with it and we'll be here to nudge you on :D
  • courtneyswonke0218
    courtneyswonke0218 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was so sore this morning that I almost didn't do it but I'm glad i did :)
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I remember the first day I ever completed 30DS and I could barely walk the next day :) It's a hot (worthwhile) mess!

Biggest tip: Keep your eye on the prize. Understand this is a journey and not something that happens in a week. It's also a lifestyle change and not a fad diet :)

You're welcome to add me. (I'm also a huge fan of Insanity and Biggest Loser Cardio Max as well (BL is similar to 30DS))
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Great always looking for committed friends. Will add. Anyone who wants a committed friend can add me.
  • David0081
    Options
    Hi Courtney! I don't believe fat loss can be area specific, but I'm sure you can still tone those areas that bother you! Been back on here 15 days, and lost 4.3 lb so far. Always happy to meet new friends. Living at Holyhead, North Wales with the family, and aiming to lose 25 lbs. Not sure when thanksgiving is, but you should be able to lose 15 lbs in 7-8 weeks with a bit of discipline and support, and this site helps with both! 'Friend' me by all means...

regards, David :wink:
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Options
    Welcome! I have a lot more to lose. But would love to help you reach your goal. My name is Karina. I have approximately 70 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. I also have 30 day shed, have not tried it yet!
  • SteveCabral94
    SteveCabral94 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome Add me if you would like
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You made the hardest step, getting started, now just keep it up. Remember consistency wins this prize, just keep going at a calorie deficit and you will reach your goal.

Any of you can add me, I can always use some motivational/accountability friends.