Confused

Options
Tish
Tish Posts: 34 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hoping someone can shed some light for me. My daily calorie intake goal is 1200 but whenever I finish logging my food for the day it jumps form 1200 to 1496 even though I have consumed under 1200 and exercise. This seems strange why it does this anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm trying to see what u mean but ur diary is closed. But if ur goal is 1200 after ur eat and are done with ur exercise for the day u shouldn't be netting under 1200.
  • ardithann5
    ardithann5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    maybe the system is glichting on your end.. can you contact IT for this app????:noway:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Do you mean your calorie goal jumps from 1200 to 1496? If you're entering exercise (calories burned), that's why. That's how MFP works--you are meant to eat back your exercise calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Do you mean your calorie goal jumps from 1200 to 1496? If you're entering exercise (calories burned), that's why. That's how MFP works--you are meant to eat back your exercise calories.
    This.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

^^^^ Yepp.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options

^^^^ Yepp.
    This
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think the above are right. Looking at your diary it looks like you earned 269 calories in exercise. So what probably happened is that you had your 1200 calorie goal and finished all of your food input, then you added the exercise and your calorie goal changed to 1469 to add in those 269 calories.
This discussion has been closed.