NEED accountability

Options
0321MarineMom
0321MarineMom Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I can't count on myself. It's not that I am not serious about weight loss. I am VERY serious about fitness in general. It's just that I have ALWAYS put others first. Always. I feel like I need to add some friends that are going to be HIGHLY dedicated and active in logging and communicating on MFP. If I commit to someone ELSE, I am much more likely to stick with it than if I go it alone. I am also MUCH better at motivating others than I am with myself. My son is a US Marine and I was his personal trainer believe it or not....I have no problem getting HIM in shape...I just need to work on ME! If you want a new MFP friend and you are SERIOUS about getting in shape, I'm here...add me. :)

I am really looking for people who have 100+ to lose, but I won't discriminate!

Replies

• jabby220
    Options
    feel free to add me I am new around here but I log in every day and will be .. good luck
  • marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I know what you mean by needing someone else there to help motivate you to lose weight. I just wanna say though, you shouldn't be losing weight for us. You should lose weight for yourself and let us help motivate you to stay on track.

I'll add you. Feel free to accept if you want.
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Add me i am on daily and I like to email back and forth. Ask me anything I am an open book. I workout daily because I put them first when my 20 month old takes his nap.
  • bsracer
    bsracer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to a me also I need the accountability myself. I have 100 total I want to lose.and have reached a point I just cant get past. need lots of support and accountability right now
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have just under 100 to lose, but please feel free to add me. I'm on everyday, open diary and finally got back into it after a bit of a rough patch.
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you like.
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'll be glad to be a friend. I also need to stay motivated. I've been lax and am "starting" in again today. Good Luck!
  • kstrozek
    kstrozek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree about the accountability.... love the food tracker and use it daily but would love to add other people to motivate and communicate with to keep myself and them in check. Please feel free to add me, I have 150+ to lose so I'll be here a while.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want. I won't be going "WOOOO" on your updates (I'm English...we don't do that kind of enthusiasm) but I will support and criticise if needed :)
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If you want add me, I love motivating others and am on here daily several times. This site is helping me tremendously with weight ls and my general health overal.
  • chaelynne
    chaelynne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I definitely need the accountability. Tend to lose it in the evening hours when all I want is dessert / snacks. Looking for any inspiration / advice / counsel. Am on daily as well.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me. I'm on here daily and I need to be accountable on the weekends. Weekends are bad for me. I need to go for a walk instead of sitting around in the evening drinking wine & eating snacks. I need motivation as well! :flowerforyou:
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've just recently started for the 2nd time and have more that 100 lbs. to lose. I'm 70+ but this time I am determined to make it. I have been on lots of diets in the past. My motivation is to avoid a nursing home. not a problem for most of you yet. I find that keeping busy (I make jewelry and reading) help to keep my mind off food. Find non food things that make you happy and give you a sense of accomplishment.
  • 0321MarineMom
    0321MarineMom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    75 and using a computer ap to lose weight how motivating is that!!! That's AWESOME. I know people my age (44) that can't even figure out how to turn a computer on much less use an ap. :)
  • lesutherl
    lesutherl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't feel 75 most days. I have used computers for most of my adult life. I spend several hours a day on mine another way I keep busy and avoid eating can't eat and type at the same time, same with beading. unfortunately exercise right now is difficult. but hopefully once I lose some weight it will get easier. I appreciate the moral support
This discussion has been closed.