Question about vitamins working against each other

Options
Just wondering...I take a bunch of stuff every morning...Multivitamin (prenatal...Hair dresser said it's the best thing for hair & nails...NO, I'm NOT or ever will be pregnant!), cod liver oil, zyrtec, prevacid, ect....BUT I also take: Cinnamon (weight loss) Garcinia Cambogia (weight loss), & Black Cohosh (peri-menopause). Am I wasting my time with the weight loss ones? Are they working against each other? I wonder, because my appetitie is the same & so is my *kitten* size. Yes, I eat bad things every da...so I know that is what is stalling my weight loss. Any suggestions? (I did the raspberry ketone thing...nada.)

Replies

• Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    BUT I also take: Cinnamon (weight loss) Garcinia Cambogia (weight loss) Am I wasting my time with the weight loss ones?

In a word...Yes.
    Are they working against each other?

No...because they don't work.
    I wonder, because my appetitie is the same & so is my *kitten* size.

See above....

[/quote]
    Yes, I eat bad things every da...so I know that is what is stalling my weight loss. Any suggestions? (I did the raspberry ketone thing...nada.)
    [/quote]

There are no magic bullets.

Eat at a reasonable caloric deficit.
    Eat a variety of foods to cover your macros (protein, carbs, fat).
    Find a workout that you enjoy.
    Don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon.
    Don't use falling off the wagon as an excuse to go crazy just because you fell off the wagon. Make the correction and carry on.
    Do all of the above consistently.
  • nyrockchick
    Options

Don't use falling off the wagon as an excuse to go crazy just because you fell off the wagon. Make the correction and carry on.
    [/quote]

Thank you. I KNOW what I should do...just wanted a little boost.
  • sue12252000
    sue12252000 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weight loss supplements only work to put money in the pockets of those who sell them. Forget about them. Just eat healthy and get your exercise in. No magic wand....just common sense and a little work. Don't compare yourself to others. Don't severely restrict any food group. And don't go off the chain. It's a life style change, not the center of your world.
  • sue12252000
    Options
    BUT I also take: Cinnamon (weight loss) Garcinia Cambogia (weight loss) Am I wasting my time with the weight loss ones?

In a word...Yes.
    Are they working against each other?

No...because they don't work.
    I wonder, because my appetitie is the same & so is my *kitten* size.

See above....
    Yes, I eat bad things every da...so I know that is what is stalling my weight loss. Any suggestions? (I did the raspberry ketone thing...nada.)
    [/quote]

[/quote]
  • sue12252000
    Options
    Great advice. :)