Your coleslaw dressing recipes please !

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
Please share, doesn't need to be skinny or low fat or anything. Thanks !

Replies

• von13nie
    Options
    Following is the one that I use because commercially prepared stuff is not available in my location.

1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp pepper
    1/4 cup milk
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup yoghurt
    1 1/2 tbs white vinegar
    2 1/2 tbs lemon juice

Blend together until smooth and pour over 8 cups of finely diced cabbage, 1/4 cup of finely diced carrot, and 2 tablespoons of minced onions. Stir well.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i personally don't like slaws, but i have a spicy sweet slaw that i make for my boyfriend sometimes and he absolutely loves it. if you don't have baby bok choy available you could always use the standard cabbage that most people use for slaws. it's 136 calories per serving using the vegan mayo, probably closer to 100 if you use a light mayo.

1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1 baby bok choy, julienned (I only used about 3/4 of it, leaving out the greenest part of the leaves so they wouldn’t get soggy)
    Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
    2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Tapatio)
    1 teaspoon English mustard
    1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    4 tablespoons Veganaise (or other mayo of choice)

Whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth, then gently fold in the veggies until well coated.
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite coleslaw recipe, it is from a Taste of Home cookbook. It's super quick and easy. Plus, I always get rave reviews when I make it.

1 cup mayo (light mayo can be used to lighten it and the change isn't noticable)
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    celery seed - to your liking.
    Whisk together.

If I have time I like to chop up cabbage and carrots, but if not Dole coleslaw mix works great. You can chop it up more finely if you wish or leave it as is.
    Add and mix the dressing and coleslaw mix together.
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is a sweet mustard coleslaw sauce:

1/4 cup mustard
    1/4 cup light mayonnaise
    1/4 cup vinegar
    1/4 cups sugar
    1/4 tablespoon salt
    1/4 cup diced sweet red bell pepper
    1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed

Mix with one bag of coleslaw mix or about a pound of cabbage.
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you wanna go the super-easy route, I've found that Kraft Creamy Poppyseed salad dressing makes slaw taste sooooooo yummy! They have a Calorie-Wise version, and it's just so good!!

They also have a "Coleslaw" dressing, but I prefer the Creamy Poppyseed. I put that *kitten* in everything :)
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My wife makes this with Mayo, Vinegar, and Splenda. I don't know what the ratio is but it's 3 ingredients and awesome.