A Surprise phone call!

Options
Hey everyone. I don't post as much as I used to but some of you know that my son was recently diagnosed with Autism and we have been doing the gluten/casein free diet which is going great! My son is making a huge amount of progress. Well, Saturday there was a free screening at a neurologists office and we went. We really liked the place and the doctor spent a good 30 minutes with us even though he wasn't getting paid. They ran tests on Alex and told us his hearing and vision are excellent, but his balance needs some work. Basically all those things tie in together and work together in a balanced way in a "normal" person. With kids with autism they don't naturally work together as well and one area can be much stronger than another area. This doctor's job is to bring it all into balance. We want to take him there but each appointment is over $300 and we just can't do that. I prayed about it over the last few days because we really wanted to do it (did I mention we really want to do it?:laugh: ). Well I got a call from the doctor's office yesterday and I was just assuming they wanted to try to talk us into setting up an appointment. But they didn't. The lady said someone has anonymously donated the money for Alex's first appointment! I couldn't believe it! I about cried! Then I told her that we probably wouldn't have money for follow ups and she said they would handle that as they came up, and she would talk to the donor to see if they would be willing to help more later down the road! Praise the Lord! We are really excited! We really think this doctor can help Alex! I just had to tell you guys! Thanks for listening!:happy: :happy: :happy:
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I don't post as much as I used to but some of you know that my son was recently diagnosed with Autism and we have been doing the gluten/casein free diet which is going great! My son is making a huge amount of progress. Well, Saturday there was a free screening at a neurologists office and we went. We really liked the place and the doctor spent a good 30 minutes with us even though he wasn't getting paid. They ran tests on Alex and told us his hearing and vision are excellent, but his balance needs some work. Basically all those things tie in together and work together in a balanced way in a "normal" person. With kids with autism they don't naturally work together as well and one area can be much stronger than another area. This doctor's job is to bring it all into balance. We want to take him there but each appointment is over $300 and we just can't do that. I prayed about it over the last few days because we really wanted to do it (did I mention we really want to do it?:laugh: ). Well I got a call from the doctor's office yesterday and I was just assuming they wanted to try to talk us into setting up an appointment. But they didn't. The lady said someone has anonymously donated the money for Alex's first appointment! I couldn't believe it! I about cried! Then I told her that we probably wouldn't have money for follow ups and she said they would handle that as they came up, and she would talk to the donor to see if they would be willing to help more later down the road! Praise the Lord! We are really excited! We really think this doctor can help Alex! I just had to tell you guys! Thanks for listening!:happy: :happy: :happy:
    Melissa
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    OMG Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just awesome news honey!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got chills!!! I'm sooo proud of you and all you're doing and I'm so happy you are getting some help w/ the insane bills that accompany gettin our children help....not easy girl...not easy! but you....wooo hooo are doing great!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: thanks for making my day and so happy you found an angel or an angel found you to help out!

big hugs and much love to you and Alex....
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This post brought tears to my eyes!!

With all the bad that goes on in the world, all the bad we hear about people, it's good to get affirmation that there are still good people in the world......AND that God hears and answers our prayers!!

Thanks for sharing, wishing the best for your son and your family:heart::heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The Lord works in mysterious ways. Praise God!!!

Memaw
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Melissa....that's Great. :happy: God does hear and answer prays.:happy: :happy: That is a BLESSING:happy: Thank you for sharing. Praying for son and your family.:heart::heart:

Pam
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing. I am thrilled for you and Alex. I pray that this doctor is able to help you find ways to help Alex meet his potential. You are and amazing mom keep it up.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Melissa... I am so happy for you and your family!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Well darling it's a very long road to get services but I am so glad your on the right path. I am so thankful for being in the military because if not I can't imagine the kind of money I would have paid out in the last year for my sons ABA therapy OT therapy and now his special education preschool where he get 30 minutes a day of speech therapy. It has done wonders for my son I wish you all the best!!!
  • funo145
    funo145 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! I am so happy for you and Alex... God does work in mysterious ways... I will keep your family in my prayers :)
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    OMG Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is just awesome news honey!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got chills!!! I'm sooo proud of you and all you're doing and I'm so happy you are getting some help w/ the insane bills that accompany gettin our children help....not easy girl...not easy! but you....wooo hooo are doing great!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: thanks for making my day and so happy you found an angel or an angel found you to help out!

big hugs and much love to you and Alex....
    Ali :flowerforyou:

Yep... I so got chills. And teared up a lil... That's amazing! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    OMG! That is absolutely wonderful news. I am so happy for your entire family!!!! Best of luck to you!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    -Tam
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    IT IS AMAZING WHAT PRAYERS CAN DO!! GOD BLESSES HIS CHILDREN IN MANY WAYS. :love:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your prayers. I don't take them lightly! I need all of them that I can get! lol
    :flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    WOW, what amazing news, there are still good people in the world. I am so happy for you and your family. Thoughts and prayers:flowerforyou:
    xx Penny
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! That's Great!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING! My nephew (sister's son) has severe autism and some other neurological issues as well so I know how difficult (AND EXPENSIVE) it can get. I'm so glad that there is someone in the world that has a big enough heart to do something so wonderful for someone else :flowerforyou: Good luck to your son, it sounds like he is doing great!
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Blessings come in many unexpected ways. I am so happy for Alex and his family.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I am in tears. . .

it is so easy to forget that there are beautiful, generous people in the world, but there are.

Lots of prayers in your direction!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you as well:love::love: 78344.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter