Help me like eggs please...

Options
So, i really hate the taste of eggs but need to be able to eat them as they're filling but low cal.
Any ideas on recipes or tips to make them taste less like eggs please??

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't force myself to eat something I don't like - but I add onions and cheese to mine. Also, adding milk can help with the taste. I'll add hot sauce too and wrap them in a burrito with cheese and bacon. If you don't like them, don't eat them.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How are you with just egg white? It's fairly tasteless, but has most of the protein for very few calories. You can buy it in cartons so you're not wasting yolks.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I add -
    Salt
    Pepper
    Olive Oil
    Green Peppers
    Red Peppers
    Yellow Peppers
    Onions
    Cholula

And a side of Bacon

How could you not like that?!
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    Thanks for the help.
    I've had egg whites in banana pancakes but they didn't work too well, i don't know how else to use just the whites.
    I'm trying to like them as one of my sister's staple foods is scrambled egg on wholemeal toast which fills her up til lunch. Can you scramble just the whites??

I think i'm going to give some of this a try and hopefully i'll like them :)
  • ItsAnIllusion
    ItsAnIllusion Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can scramble just the whites, or make an omelet with them.

Although if I were you, I would just look around for another filling option that you do like instead of trying to force yourself to like eggs. What about something else high protein, like Greek yogurt? I like oatmeal for a filling breakfast, too.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I buy the egg whites that are pre-pasteurized and add them to my smoothies. It's tasteless and adds a lot of protein for barely any calories. Otherwise I don't care for eggs much either unless I'm really in the mood for them.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    The first few times I tried changing my diet (unsuccessfully I might add), I tried to force myself to eat eggs and oats in the morning because I figured they were the "right" things to eat.

Now I just eat what I want but track the macros... I've had good success.

If you don't like them, I would just eat something else. Eating differently does you no good when you can't do it consistently.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If you hate eggs, try something else that's also filling but low-cal. Remember, you don't have to eat 'breakfast foods' for breakfast -- I had a pork chop and veggies for breakfast this morning and bean soup yesterday.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, scrambled eggs on toast doesn't fill me up until lunch, unless I have breakfast at 8am and lunch at 11.30am or something... or it's 3 eggs, I guess.

But I agree with the others, if you don't like them, don't eat them, there are a lot of other options out there.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't like eggs either but I find if I scramble them with salt and pepper, they taste ok and I can eat them without gagging. I don't add anything else to them. I find when I do add more stuff, it just makes it taste worse. I can't eat just the whites though, it makes me gag because they have no taste. The yolk adds a bit of flavour.

Good luck!!
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you don't like eggs eat something else. As simple as that.

I don't like seafood, I don't eat it. Plenty of other things I love though, and I eat those
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

I'm trying to like them as one of my sister's staple foods is scrambled egg on wholemeal toast which fills her up til lunch.

Try just the toast with some cheese and bacon. It's most likely toast and a protein that keeps you full, not just the egg alone.
  • ApocolypseCow
    ApocolypseCow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Srirachi goes on EVERYTHING!
  • Princess_Lee2013
    Princess_Lee2013 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! regarding your egg issue : I too detest "eggs" .. . but I don't think that's a bad thing because eggs as a whole are not necessarily the best for you as they are high in cholesteral. HOWEVER - i LOVE egg whites. I don't know where you live but if you are near a costco - they have 4 cartons of egg whites for about 5 bucks...I LIVE off of these and you can make them taste SO good.

Some of my favourites: 1 cup egg whites, with 1/2 cup spinach - scramble - crumble feta cheese on top

1 cup egg whites, made as an omelette with aged white cheddar (1 oz) - 1/4 cup marinara sauce (so good!)

Spinach and swiss egg white omelette

Egg white wrap in a bodywise tortilla with salsa and a bit of cheddar

Egg on toast with avacado...

Huevos rancheros!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I love eggs but hate scrambled eggs. Sometimes they smell weird to me and make me think of wet dog..I know, my husband says that is just the dumbest thing he has ever heard.

But I do love eggs. hard boiled with salt, in a quiche, in an omelet, as part of my tuna salad, in my salad (hard boiled), fried and put on a sandwich or by themselves.....

But why make yourself eat them if you don't like them? Is a little man named Sam following you? Stay out of the box and the train!
  • SundayGirl1989
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments/advice/suggestions.
    I'm really not trying to 'force myself' to eat them all the time, i just want to try them a couple of ways before writing them off completely. Then if i can't find a nice way of having eggs then i just won't bother. I just find that i get a bit fed up of porridge so wanted to mix breakfast up a bit.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I used to love them and ate a lot of them while I was losing weight. Then I got totally burned out and can't even look at one without getting nauseous :ohwell: It's been like three months since I've had one (excluding ones in baked goods), and I don't know miss them yet!

My favorite way to eat them was in a scramble with mushrooms, spices, bell pepper and onion. Topped with a bit of hot sauce.
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I never used to like eggs either. Now I love them scrambled with peppers, onions, spinach, tomatoes, feta, and salsa!