Team Beachbody Friends & Others

Options
Hey everyone,
I've recently gotten back on track with my fitness goals and wanted some new friends!
I finally stopped obsessing with the scale and i'm at a point in my life where the look and feel
of my body matters more to me then a number.

I am in need of some new folks who are in the same state of mind, or pass that who can motivate me!
I can keep you accountable as long as you keep me accountable too =)
just know that i'll ask questions on your diary.

Currently i'm doing Les Mills Pump which is freakin' awesome, and turbofire. I'm more focused on strength training, but will throw in turbofire for that extra cardio.

Hope to make new friends =)
talk to you soon

Replies

• izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Always great to see someone getting back on track to a healthy fit lifestyle. Haven't tried the Les Mills yet but I can tell you the T25 is awsome. I'm actually working towards my master trainer cert through ISSA. After I've completed that I would like to get more involved with fitness for children. I think with all the technology now this goes to the way side. But I'll also continue to provide support to my fellow MFP friends. Send me an invite if you'ld like.
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i've actually been getting mixed reviews on t25, but i'm extremely happy with les mills pump. i've been looking for
    the program that will keep me motivated and moving and i found it!

I will send you a request, thanks =)
  • treenabenyon
    Options
    Hi I am curious what is les mills pump! I am doing the hiphop workout dvd and then slim6 dvd! I am also going to the gym at night and I run and walk on the treadmill! My goal is to run 10 miles! I started the fitnesspal a couple of months ago so I am still learning!

I was fit when I was younger then I got married and had children and sort of lost myself in the making however I am now back and I actually really like fitness! I don't actually like the working out however I do like the feeling at the end. Also my age is a factor! I don't want to become useless when I am in my 60's and 70's and the damage is done now, so I am trying to correct that so I will be in better health when I reach that age.

I will help you motivate you if you help me! Treena
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    I am a Beachbody coach and have been doing Beachbody programs for a few years now, you can send me a friend request if you want.

LMP and Turbofire are both great programs, good choice!
  • Chanti1620
    Options
    Les Mill Pump is a strength training work out, you incorporate weights into your exercise! After i had my daughter, i couldn't complain i lost about 50lbs during my pregnancy and and additional 25 before i got pregnant. but after i gave birth i gained back like 30lbs in the course of a year. so now i'm ready to get back to work and shape my body into what i want it to be..
    I wanted to do a hiphop dvd but i was afraid i'd get bored as i did with zumba. which is slim6? i've heard about it, but never tried it
  • Rockshick
    Options
    I also just joined team beachbody and MFP and I am currently on slim in 6 program. I have lost inches but not even a single pound, idk why but I will keep it up. on day 8 of slim in 6, enjoying it so far.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a teambody coach and you can add me if you like. I am currently doing T25 and LOVE IT!!!! P90x3 is coming out middle of December and that is a 30 minute workout 5 days a week. Good luck on your journey and add me if you would like.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Rockshick - I am a team beach body coach you can add me if you want.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    I also just joined team beachbody and MFP and I am currently on slim in 6 program. I have lost inches but not even a single pound, idk why but I will keep it up. on day 8 of slim in 6, enjoying it so far.

Scale doesn't always give the right picture as it doesn't make any difference between fat and muscle and water retention. That why in every Beachbody program, they ask you to take your measurements and pictures before starting your program as it is pretty common for people to only lose a few pounds but when they compare their measurements they can see they lost a lot of inches everywhere.

If your nutrition is clean and you are running a good calorie deficit, you shouldn't have any problem burning off fat with your slim in 6 program.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My wife is a Beachbody coach. I may become one soon. I tried T25 and Insanity...I'm not quiiiiiite ready for those yet, heh. Going to start Power 90 as soon as it comes in the mail.
  • Kola1on1
    Options
    Hi guys

I'm doing Shaun T's Rockin Body, cause I want a fun workout. I started this week only day 3, but liking it so far. I travel alot so can't really include weights in my workouts. Insanity and P90X is my goals to be able to finish. Should I lose weight first and then start strength train?

Feel free to add me
    Kola
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Hi guys

I'm doing Shaun T's Rockin Body, cause I want a fun workout. I started this week only day 3, but liking it so far. I travel alot so can't really include weights in my workouts. Insanity and P90X is my goals to be able to finish. Should I lose weight first and then start strength train?

Feel free to add me
    Kola

Kola,
    You can start a weight lifting program anytime, you can burn off fat with weight lifting like you do with cardio. P90X and Insanity are extreme program though that i don't usually recommend to beginners.

There are less extreme program that i think you will enjoy and still give you good results like Chalean Extreme or Les mills Pump.

Don't forget that 80% of the results come from your nutrition, so what is really important is how much and what you eat. The program you choose is more based on taste and what you like to do.
  • Chanti1620
    Options
    Insanity is really extreme, I couldn't get pass day 3, i think to start out from the beach body programs I know turbofire would be good . But i'm super excited to be doing this, i've already lost some inches since starting the bodypump and watching what i eat and its only been 2 weeks. I think i'll only weigh myself once every two months because i really don't want to focus on the number but the way my body looks.
  • treenabenyon
    Options
    She is really good! She works out your whole body and does your core really nice! I mix it with the hip hop her name is Debbie Siebers! I like doing dvds at home because it takes me awhile to learn the steps lol. The hip hop is good but its taking me awhile because of the moves.

I had three children and they have done wonders to the body and its taking me years to get to where I am now! I was 94 Ibs overweight after my three kids. But they are all growing up now so I want my body back.

Thanks for explaining about the les mills program! I am nervous about weight training so I have to learn more about it and how to do it really.