What do you do after a hard workout?

Options
Like reading a book, take a hot bath, have a warm beverage..??

I took a bath and made myself some hot coca with light whipped cream! so look forward to them!!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    My workouts are all first thing in the morning, so its a pretty set routine: up, out the door before my brain tries to resist, hot shower and breakfast and then work. I do make my coffee before I shower tho- so I can put it in the freezer and have iced coffee before i run out the door (it feels more like a treat when it's iced)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hot shower at the gym
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    stretch, chug a protein shake, shower, start making dinner
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    first i fall face first onto the nearest soft surface :laugh: then I take a shower with scented soaps & eat dinner
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    Well first of all if it is a hard workout you need to feed your muscles...so the best thing you can have and is at the ready is MILK...even chocolate milk...something high in protein to feed those muscles and make them strong....
    But after I am done that I have a million things that have to be done..like dinner...and cleaning..so there is no rest for the wicked..
  • nikki91950
    Options
    grab a huge diet coke through a drive-through somewhere :) it's a very nice reward for working out <3
  • mschellep
    mschellep Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    After a hard workout I like to stretch out and take a hot shower and then sleep.
  • atotal180
    Options
    I typically drink a sports drink and protein shake, sit for a bit and collect myself, and shower. Good times!!!
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    I love hot baths and hot chocolate! :smile: I try to read in the bath but I usually get too sleepy!
  • lexi0616
    Options
    Bubble Bath Time!:laugh: And a book, and on Friday nights, a little red wine (my weakness:blushing:)
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake and the Sauna

Or cry whichever happens first.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    For me it's a 1/2 a glass of chocolate milk (diabetic). Then a nice size brunch. Not up early enough for breakfast. Then a nap on Fridays & weekends...
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake and the Sauna

Or cry whichever happens first.

That made me cry!! LMAO!! I've had that work out!!!

I generally opt for a REALLY hot shower and then high protien dinner.

:bigsmile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    beg my husband for a foot massage.
  • theGODwithin
    Options
    well im on the INSANITY program so for a couple weeks now i take a scoop or two of whey protein with water. thats 27g of protein per scoop with 3g of carbs and almost no fat. and with the water it makes it easier to be absorbed. its too early to see results though, but im hoping to get cut and at the same time get that "pumped/smooth" look.
  • fsuxo2003
    Options
    Bubble Bath Time!:laugh: And a book, and on Friday nights, a little red wine (my weakness:blushing:)

Ditto!!! Glad to know someone else has the same weakness as me! I usually try to stretch, ice my poor knees, then take a nice hot shower!