New and looking for MFP friends

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Isabel (or Izzy for short). I'm somewhat new to MFP. I've only started really using it about a month ago. I'm 26, 5'7" and here to lose weight. I've been overweight the most of my life, but lately, my fitness and diet had become out of control and i ballooned up to 246. I'm now concentrating on my diet and fitness. With the help of my trainer, i've been able to drop almost 14 pounds.

My first goal is to get under 215 (my weight when i got married), and from there under 197 (to get out of an obese BMI). After that, i'd love to get around 175 (where i was in high school). I've never been lower than my highschool weight, so i don't know if i'll change my all time goal of getting to around 145(ish) -- I just don't know what that would look like/feel like.

I'm looking for some friends on here who will help me stay motivated and accountable.

Replies

• sraywoods
    Options
    Hi my name is Shawna and I am also new to MFP, I have to say that I am loving all of the support and great information on this site. I need someone to help me stay motivated as well. I am overweight and tired of being so. I have been overweight since my early 20's. I am now 32 and I am ready for a major life change. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I really need to get these things under control. I know that I can if I lose some weight. I would love to get down to about 175 (I am currently at 230) but I am going to do this in stages. my first goal is to get down to 215! I would love to help support you in your journey :happy:
  • GrimmJKA
    Options
    You can add me to help you stay accountable and motivated. I can also use some motivation and accountability.
  • PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey guess I would love more friends! I have 110 lbs to lose more so im in it for the long hall! Add me if you like
  • mustangmonie
    mustangmonie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting started!

I can realate to your bmi goal. I am 5'5" and was 172 lbs when I started MFP. I have lost 22 lbs and as of 150 lbs I am officially no longer obese. I am what they call heavy normal or somewhat overweight on the charts now. I'll take it! I feel so much better, I used to have really bad hip and knee pain that would even wake me in the middle of the night. Somewhere around 15 lbs of loss I noticed the hip pain was almost completely gone, now my knees are about 80% better too. The effort is so very worth it, and you are young enough to reap the rewards of your efforts for a lifetime.

I'd be happy to support you in your efforts here, add me if you'd like : )