Weight fluctuation

Options
Hey all, just a quick question about weight fluctuation. For some reason my weight is all over the place. It is always constant in the morning, but after breakfast and for the rest of the day it could be as much as 7 pounds more than it was that morning! It seems a little extreme to me. It's also depressing because I record the morning weight, and then feel like it's not my real weight. Can anyone provide some insight on this for me?

Replies

• jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    Your body will fluctuate from day to day. That is why I only weigh in once a week, same time (roughly) same day of the week.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I also fluctuate 5-7lbs a day. Don't forget food and water weigh something. So as you eat and drink thru the day that is going to be added on. But the weight in the morning is just your body. Good luck on your journey.
  • BexC
    BexC Posts: 53
    Options
    As already said you have to remember water, clothes and food will ALL add on lbs I can weight 3-4lbs more in evening that morning ignore it....and only weigh in once a week xx
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Only weigh in the morning, problem solved. That way your results are consistent, no matter how "inaccurate" they are. If you can't handle the weight fluctuation then weigh yourself once a week, but there's nothing wrong with weighing in every morning to see trends in your scale weight.
  • KristenAnnJones
    KristenAnnJones Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    DO NOT weigh yourself through out the day!! Weigh yourself once a week, in the morning, after you pee, naked!! Your weight is fluctuating because you are eating and drinking food. So don't keep weighing yourself through out the day.. It will make you feel like you are not making any progress. Good luck!!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself throughout the day is never recommended. You will get disappointed. It is normal for your weight to up up throughout the day because food and liquid sits in your stomach from eating, but that doesn't mean you gained fat. Weigh yourself once a week, in the morning before anything goes in your stomach.