Typical daily meal plan to lose 2 stone?

Options
I'd like to lose 2 stone, preferably 1.5 of that in time for Christmas. So two months.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner meal plans to reach my goal? I'm always on the go so I'll need to be able to carry meals around.

Ill count calories, but I just don't know whether to cut carbs too? Please help.

I'll also be exercising.

Thanks.

Replies

• MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

First of all - 1.5st? That's 10kg, right? PLEASE don't try to lose that much in only two months. This might work if you are extremely overweight but only judging my your profile picture, you probably aren't.

What's your current weight and height? That will tell us how much calories you need to just keep your body going. From there we can draw up a meal plan.

Why am I trying to caution you? When I was two years younger than you are now, I lost a bit more than 2 stones over the course of one summer holiday. It was an extreme diet, it was a brush with an eating disorder and it completely f***ed up my system - probably causing an inflamed gall bladder which led to excruciating colics until a doctor actually believed that I really was in pain. The weight also came back because the diet was non-sustainable.

Right now, I'm trying to lose again. Actually, within a bit more than a month ca 5kg HOWEVER I am borderline obese and those last 5kg have only been on my hips for half a year.

So this is the kind of thing I eat atm: I am 170cm tall and weigh ca 87kg, I want to lose slowly, so I eat around 1700kcal. I try to exercise 5 times a week (4 elliptical, 1 run)

Breakfast:
    30g Bran Flakes, 30g Chocolate cereal, 150ml semi-skim milk
    OR
    2 weetabix, 1 banana, 150ml semi-skim milk
    OR
    1 slice of German brown bread with 15g of natural peanut butter (this could be made the night before and consumed on the go)

Morning snack: I know some days are more exhausting - then I have a smaller breakfast but eat a banana around 10am to keep me going. Bananas are high in sugar but fill you up and are pretty healthy. Apples, pears etc would work fine, too, if I liked them.

Lunch - my main meal is dinner, so depending on what I've pre-logged for dinner, my lunch is bigger or smaller
    1 or 2 slices wholemeal bread with cream cheese or ham (not piled high, but enough to be tasty) plus one or 2 servings of vegetables. I like to bring cherry tomatos, carrot or pepper sticks or cucumber. I prepare everything before I head to bed, stick it into my work bag and it's fine the next day.

Dinner: I eat heavy dinners which works fine for me, I eat lots of different stuff, so that's just an example
    Can of baked beans, 50g bacon, 2 eggs, fried
    OR
    200g tofu, mushrooms, peppers, leek (stir fry with soy sauce and spices)
    OR
    200g salmon filet on spinach pasta
    OR
    turkey sausages with pickled cabbage

And YES, I AM losing despite these delicious things. If you're already at a lower weight or if you're really short etc, you will probably have to cut calories from 1700 but you'll still get lots of wholesome food.

So please do your mental and physical health a favour, let mfp do the math for you and eat proper food and enough of it!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You already have an active topic with plenty of comments.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with the other thread you started that had plenty of suggestions and help.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A typical daily plan is going to depend on you, your stats, and your goals.

Either set up your MFP profile and stick to the calorie goal it gives you, logging your exercise and eating at least some of the earned calories OR plug your information into a TDEE calculator (http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and eat about 20% less than your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE).

What you eat comes down to personal preference. You want to make sure you get enough protein to encourage your body to break down fat instead of muscle (MFP's default protein goal is a low estimate) and enough fats to help with vitamin absorption and cell health.

Beyond that, eat foods you like. Aim for more whole, nutritious foods. Treat yourself to ice cream and sweets if you want them and it fits in your calories. Drink plenty of water to help discourage water retention. Adjust as necessary.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

She doesnt like the reponses she was given.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Like we said on the other thread, learn to fish, make good choices, set and attain reasonable goals. Welcome to adulthood. :happy:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 2 stone, preferably 1.5 of that in time for Christmas. So two months.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner meal plans to reach my goal? I'm always on the go so I'll need to be able to carry meals around.

Ill count calories, but I just don't know whether to cut carbs too? Please help.

I'll also be exercising.

Thanks.

take a 2 week trip to India, stay and eat what the locals do.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options

She doesnt like the reponses she was given.

Please stop commenting on my things.
  • xTurangaLeela
    Options

I got about 3 decent answers out of 80. I thought it would be easier to ask for others plans to take inspiration. I'm not retarded, I know I have another thread :):)
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Would've been kinda nice to get a reply *silentlygrumble*