Indecisive & Determined...helpful thoughts??

Options
Iv decided to go back to school this next semester, but im still deciding on what exactly Id like to study. I have always been interested in the medical field (with the exception of needles and blood).

Originally I was going to do the Sonography program (ultrasound tech) at my local community college, and more recently I have been looking into their Radiation Therapy program (treating cancer patients with radiation).

Now, I am stuck! These both are very interesting to me and are fairly short programs with great potential for a rewarding career I know I will enjoy.

Just wondering if any of you have gone to school for either of these professions?
or know somone who has?
Pros? Cons?
or maybe you have even gone to one of these doctors and had good/bad experiences?
Working with radiation is something that does worry me, although I know they take precautions to protect you from it, you are still exposed to it. I need to do some more research on this but what are your thoughts??

**I obviously dont intend on letting MFP rule out my decision, just looking for some points to be brought up that maybe I havent thought about on my own (: any helpful info or suggestions is much appreciated!**

Replies

• 1alicia3
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Try to contact people that work in the field - see if they would be willing to sit down and talk........this way you can get feedback that might help you.

One reference point would be to ask professors if they can refer you to former students.