Belly and booty

Options
Im boxing 4 times a week. This is helping big time with my rear and legs-tons of squats and helping with upper body strength too that I have been lacking. I just feel like I can be doing more.

Looking for advice for a better tush and tummy. Any workout videos or routines anyone can suggest?

Thanks

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Compound movements. Squats, deadlifts, etc.... It's not going to spot reduce and areas, but you'll be a bigger fan of your results once you given yourself enough time to lose the overall BF% it takes to uncover your belly through caloric deficit - work (cardio and compound movement) - patience.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Compound movements. Squats, deadlifts, etc.... It's not going to spot reduce and areas, but you'll be a bigger fan of your results once you given yourself enough time to lose the overall BF% it takes to uncover your belly through caloric deficit - work (cardio and compound movement) - patience.

this

lift heavy.

go forth and be fabulous
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Boxing is an excellent workout, isn't it? Boxing was actually what made my tummy slimmer, but if you're looking for more, I would say decline situps, and increase the weight you hold as you get better. It will definitely help for strength. For tush, you're already doing it. Squats and lunges are your best bet.

These are great for gaining strength, but reducing your body fat % will overall improve your appearance.
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great advice...yes I need to work on the patience as well. I will work on deadlifts when I get some equipment, but will continue with squats and lunges until then...

and yes I absolutely LOVE my boxing class!!!
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a DVD program try the Brazil Butt Lift it does a great job all over especially the butt and abs. I loved it and am doing it again.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Boxing is an excellent workout, isn't it? Boxing was actually what made my tummy slimmer, but if you're looking for more, I would say decline situps, and increase the weight you hold as you get better. It will definitely help for strength. For tush, you're already doing it. Squats and lunges are your best bet.

These are great for gaining strength, but reducing your body fat % will overall improve your appearance.

not to belabor this point- but just to make this clear... boxing didn't make your tummy slimmer. a calorie deficit did.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    This! ALL DAY !
  • new_beth_2013
    Options
    If you are looking for a DVD program try the Brazil Butt Lift it does a great job all over especially the butt and abs. I loved it and am doing it again.

I have wondered about that...I will check it out. I have the Buns of Steel (lol) from the 90's...was thinking of putting that in the VCR tonight and giving it a chance!
  • new_beth_2013
    Options
    This! ALL DAY !

I wish I could do the deadlifts (I actually love them) but I dont have a barbell/weights...

Workingon a calorie deficit too....My diary is open and I welcome advice
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Hip Thrust for you booty? I've been doing those w/ the barbell and I can feel it working! utube it, I'm following the trainer Brad Contreras. For your belly.... abs are made in the kitchen, right?
  • new_beth_2013
    Options
    Have you tried Hip Thrust for you booty? I've been doing those w/ the barbell and I can feel it working! utube it, I'm following the trainer Brad Contreras. For your belly.... abs are made in the kitchen, right?

I have not heard of it but I'll look into it. Anything like zumba?

Yes, abs are made in the kitchen, and honestly that is the hardest part!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm seconding the hip thrust / hip lifts. I do mine weighted, and it works the butt like crazy. Like everything, start with a light weight to make sure you are engaging the correct muscles before adding heavier weight.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

not to belabor this point- but just to make this clear... boxing didn't make your tummy slimmer. a calorie deficit did.

Yup and yup.

Also, if you have a hill, school track, or open park near you try doing sprints.