I need help with breakfast!

Options
Ok, My name is Kristy, and I'm lazy when it comes to breakfast!

I like something I can bring to work and leave here (like grits or oatmeal) but I'm feeling burnt out on both of them lately. I'm hitting the grocery store tonight on the way home, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a good breakfast that will help keep me on track, but also is either something I can leave here at work, or make a bunch of and it will last a week (like fruit salad, which was my summer time staple)??

I do this with my lunch also, but am still doing well on mixing that up...

Replies

• Gizmo52
    Gizmo52 Posts: 43
    Options
    Have you tried the sandwich thins? I've had a serving of oatmeal seasoned with cinnamon and toasted sandwich thins with peanut butter. I make it at work around 7:15 and it keeps me full until 11:30.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    I haven't! Would they be by the bagels and stuff?
  • traceysturn
    Options
    I keep a box of Cheerios in my desk & reuse a grab n go skim milk bottle. I can switch it up a little bit-I get so sick of oatmeal! Hard boiled eggs are another staple for me but I wouldn't suggest leaving those at your desk! HAHA!:sick:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    IF there is a refrigerator at your work, you could stock some yogurts and fruit. Also walnuts, almonds are good too!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars of Clif Bars! Yummy, convenient and good for you!
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    We do have a fridge here and it's safe to keep things in...

@tada I keep the chocolate cheerios here for snacking just eat them dry... perfect snack for me :)

I'm loving all the ideas!
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you are doing so awesome keep going ,, how are u doing this ? please let me know I am so proud of you ..
  • dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    The best breakfast is.....
    1 whole wheat tortilla wrap (bodywise or WW)
    1 tbsp of peanut butter (I use crunchy 90 cals/tbsp)
    1/4 of a banana sliced
    208 cals (approx depending on your ingredients).

LOVE IT. Takes 1 minute to make, take it to work and eat it at my desk :-)
  • 4KidFather
    Options
    Kristy !
    It's an opportunity to get your week/day of right!
    On Monday a.m. bring in bars (protein/granola), fruit (bananas, apples, etc), milk (skimmed chocolate for mocha coffee LOL), bread and peanut butter! Also bring some easy shake powder (protein or meal replacer). I also bring Rye crackers and tuna.
    You can have a LARDER in a drawer at work with REAL food in it and avoid salty, fatty, refined carb 'convenience' foods! No wonder so many of us fail to eat well at work.
    Keep up the good 'work'
    Gordon
  • amfinnegan
    Options
    I keep a box of Kashi Go Lean Cereal at work and instead of using milk I top it with the Wegmans Super Yogurt. I buy a big container of that and keep it at work. Love it. Good luck.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I will often eat my lunch for breakfast...
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    I eat lowfat organic yogurt (because I have not found a nonfat organic I like) with a 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries and 1/4 low fat granola. It is delicious! When I need to switch it up I have Arnolds sandwich thins (again delicious) with peanut butter. Sometimes I add a banana to the thins and peanut butter. I also keep a bag of steel cut oats on my desk in case I forget to pack my breakfast and for when it gets colder. I like them with Splenda and cinnamon.

My other favorite is a sandwich thin with canadian bacon. You have to be careful, I always get the same brand because it is low in calories and fat and sorry but right now I cannot remember the brand name.

Other than that I have always found breakfast a challenge because I don't like eggs or cereal.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    The best breakfast is.....
    1 whole wheat tortilla wrap (bodywise or WW)
    1 tbsp of peanut butter (I use crunchy 90 cals/tbsp)
    1/4 of a banana sliced
    208 cals (approx depending on your ingredients).

LOVE IT. Takes 1 minute to make, take it to work and eat it at my desk :-)

This sounds Fantastic! I will try it out for sure!

Gordon! I love your tip of low fat chocolate milk in coffee! that idea is great too

Wow you guys! thanks for all the ideas! i'll have to go months tryign them all out to find out what works and what doesn't!

I'm also goign to grab some yogurt and granola because I think it will make a great snack too!

Super Ideas everyone thank you!!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat non-breakfasty foods for breakfast, if I find myself getting bored. Some past breakfasts of mine that are a little on the weird side:

-Turkey and Cheese on whole wheat bread
    -Mission 6" tortilla with 1tbsp Reduced Fat Peanut Butter and a few banana or strawberry slices
    -Salad
    -Morningstar Veggie burger topped with lettuce, tomato, and onion
  • cmsdives
    Options
    I keep rice cakes and peanut butter at my desk. Usually I'll put a tbsp of PB on a plain rice cake (roughly 125 calories) but I just (on a whim) tried putting the PB on a caramel rice cake - mmmm (and it only added 10 calories!) I like Mother's All-Natural rice cakes, they're gluten free (if that makes a difference to you). I also usually use Smucker's Natural PB 'cuz it's basically just mushed-up peanuts. :happy:
  • grekit
    grekit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to have a Fiber One bar and a string cheese for breakfast. If I remembered to stock up for the week, I like to have an apple sometimes too, but the Fiber One bars are delicious and only 140 calories.
  • djohnson30
    Options
    i am doing 2 hard boiled eggs and lo fat yogert, then an apple for snack.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am just starting to try to lose a little weight, but wanted to share my sight with you. I make a lot of recipe susbstitions to try to keep things healthy, and also try to incorporate as many fruits and veggies, lean meats, and healthy fibers as I can!

Please check it out!

http://www.momvsfood.blogspot.com/