Beachbody and bad knees

Options
SO I have a bum knee. i have had it scoped 2x in 4 years, the most recent 2 months ago. My cartilage behind my knee is messed up. I love zumba, love dancing. it is hard on my knee. since my surgery I have put on 5 lbs. I am not able to get to or afford a gym membership. i am looking for a program to do at home. things like deep lunges, sitting cross legged and getting down on my hands and knees kills. i don't have a lot of weight left to loose and want to tone everything up. I was thinking t25 but i don't think my knee can handle it. I was also looking into hip hop abs. i really don't want to spend a bunch of money on something that will kill my knee.

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    T25 has no impact modified moves for every exercices. Can you do squat ? If that doesn't hurt your knees you should be okay with T25.
  • evanaudreywyatt
    Options
    sometimes, I can't go very deeps.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs would probably be good for you. T25 has lunges and squats which might aggravate your knee even with the modifications. Hope this helps.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My husband tore his meniscus doing Insanity. Just a warning to take it easy, especially with all the jumping stuff :flowerforyou:
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The Total Gym is awesome. You can get a total body workout and it's your own body weight that provides the intensity at various inclines. There are hundreds of workouts that you can do on this thing that won't impact you knees at all. It's an amazing piece of equipment.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Ditch the videos ... Go to your local Y and use the pool ...

ETA: Yeah, the total gym is cool ... It's similar to a Pilates Reformer, but not quite the same ...