Eliminating dinner

Options
I've noticed that few of my friends never eat dinner. Is this the new way to lose weight? I'm not asking because Im going to start because I love to eat but its discouraging to see them miss meals to lose weight quicker.

Just a rant I suppose...

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're making a lot of assumptions there. Unless they've said "I'm skipping dinner to lose weight", then you dont know why they're doing it.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    maybe they just arent logging it or havent logged it?
  • runningvegan
    Options
    Maybe they just don't log it? I know for me, it is easier to log breakfast and lunch because I eat them in front of my computer at work. Dinner is much more complicated and usually involves calculating calories from a recipe, logging into my PC from home, etc.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Meal time is irrelevant. Some people might not be hungrier in the evening, and prefer to get their calories in earlier in the day.

As long as someone's not undereating or being malnourished, skipping dinner kind of means... nothing.
  • FatKid_13
    Options
    I skip dinner many times during the week, but that's because I've reached my calorie limit for the day or because by the time I get home it is so close to bed. I don't like eating within two hours of going to bed, and really enjoy relaxing for an hour or two after getting home. Maybe this (or something similar) is what is happening with some of your friends?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My hungriest time of day is around 1-2 pm. I eat a huge lunch but don't eat dinner except on weekends.
    On weekends, I don't eat lunch but have a huge dinner cause of our social life.
    I do get all my calories doing this.
    I prefer to eat this way and it works for me.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    If that is the new trend, count me OUT! lol I love dinner! but hey if it works for them and it's something they can stick with more power to them. There is no way I could do that I love my 4 to 5 meals day
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ask 'em!
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    They might have binged a bit more than wanted and been too embarrassed to log it in? I know I used to do that. Or they might just be forgetting. Sometimes I would get busy and forget also.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned about their calorie and macro values than whether they were eating dinner or not. there are days when I don't exactly have meals, just kind of snack on things throughout the day.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that few of my friends never eat dinner. Is this the new way to lose weight? I'm not asking because Im going to start because I love to eat but its discouraging to see them miss meals to lose weight quicker.

Just a rant I suppose...

Could be any number of reasons, since you're friends with them why don't you just ask. Easiest way to clear it up
  • JazzKat71
    JazzKat71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking maybe they don't log it, but it could be a number of reasons.

Tonight I came home much later than I normally do and the idea of eating dinner at 9pm is definitely not something I wanted to do, so I considered skipping dinner for all of one whole second....but I WAS HUNGRY!! I ate...problem solved. lol

You can't let what other people are doing discourage you - especially if it's something that would be considered not practical.